Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 PM

371 posts, read 817,100 times

Advertisements

Trestles is technically in San Diego County, but I think people in OC (where I am from) see it as a local surf spot. I know surfers in San Clemente see it as "their" spot.

I've been curious, do people in San Diego identify Trestles as a San Diego surf spot, being that it is technically in San Diego County. Or, do they concede it to OC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 12:10 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,286,657 times
Thats an interesting question. I have gone up there on several ocassions with my buddy who is an avid surfer to take photos etc. He doesnt consider it SD or OC (its just kind of hanging out on it own), but based on the usual guys he sees in the lineup, they are largely from OC.

You are right, technically it is SD, but because of Camp Pendleton as a sort of no mans land between O'Side and San Clemente, I can see it being included more with South OC. San Clemente is much closer and more of a hood to Trestles than O'side, just based on proximity.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 PM

Location: San Diego via Orange County via Toronto via Rome Italy
390 posts, read 796,659 times
Are surfers that aware of geography or maps - or anything besides waves?

Seriously, I used to live in SC and Trestles (and it's sub-variants, Upper and Lower) are definitely considered local.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:28 PM

23 posts, read 26,779 times
I see that there are only a few surf-centric threads on this board. Out of curiousity, do you guys know if there are any big San Diego surf forums somewhere on the web? ...although I suppose if that was the case this post would be posted there! XD I found several through a web search, but they're all pretty much dated by several years. Is the SD surf community pretty active online, or are they too busy surfing on their crazily consistent waves? (in comparison to where I'm from)

Old 05-19-2013, 06:36 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,286,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyukyuSpirit View Post
I see that there are only a few surf-centric threads on this board. Out of curiousity, do you guys know if there are any big San Diego surf forums somewhere on the web? ...although I suppose if that was the case this post would be posted there! XD I found several through a web search, but they're all pretty much dated by several years. Is the SD surf community pretty active online, or are they too busy surfing on their crazily consistent waves? (in comparison to where I'm from)
Too busy online looking for waves or looking at the forecast. Heard this one was ok. San Diego Surfers

I used this website to check conditions. Although I dont surf, I used to do a lot of hobby surf photography and have a lot of friends that do. They have a FB page as well, so you might be able to connect there.

California Surf Report, Surf Spots Map Guide | Spitcast Surf Forecast

And of course, just going out in the water or talking to local surf shops are your best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego