Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 04:32 PM

73 posts, read 167,643 times

Advertisements

Im in the Navy and getting stationed over at NAS North Island. Im trying to see if you guys/gals know of a good area where i can rent a nice Condo or Townhome. Im looking to spend anywhere from 1100-1400 ideal would be a place where water,trash, sewage, and HOA fees are already included in the rent. I been talking to some people i know in the area but they live in the barracks so they didnt have any ideas but im trying to live within 20-25 mins or 10-20 miles from the base. I was thinking maybe La Mesa, Mission Valley area thats all i can think of. I have a friend that lives in Chula Vista he likes it thre but he says its real close to the Mexican border id rather live as far from the border as possible lol. Also do any of you know any realtor companies maybe i can go to their website and see what they have available thanks alot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 10:25 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,439,430 times
La Mesa and Spring Valley are in that price range and seem to be very popular with military personnel stationed at NAS North Island and 32nd Street. Commute is not that bad either.

If it were me, I would try to find something in the Point Loma/Ocean Beach area. That price range is a stretch, but you could find something decent if you're patient.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:07 PM

I heard spring valley wasnt a good area

Old 11-26-2012, 09:08 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,830,837 times
I live in Eastlake/Otay Ranch which is within Chula Vista and it would be a very nice fit for you. I'm not sure if the price fits you, but the are is very nice and the border has little to no impact on your life. You should check it out.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:42 PM

My friend actually live in Chula Vista real close to Otay Ranch area he likes it there but doesnt like that its so close to the border and theres not much to do out there. He said the best best would be to move more north like La Mesa, Mission Valley, he said whenever him and his wife go out they always have to go north 20-30 mins to get downtown, Qualcom stadium, or shopping. So my best bet would try to get a place around that area

Old 11-27-2012, 12:37 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,749,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reice03 View Post
My friend actually live in Chula Vista real close to Otay Ranch area he likes it there but doesnt like that its so close to the border and theres not much to do out there. He said the best best would be to move more north like La Mesa, Mission Valley, he said whenever him and his wife go out they always have to go north 20-30 mins to get downtown, Qualcom stadium, or shopping. So my best bet would try to get a place around that area
Why does the proximity to the border bother your friend? It's a total non-issue if you ask me. I do agree that there isn't much to do in the area since it's basically full of families. Still, I'd rather live there than places along the 78, ie, San Marcos, Vista, Esco, etc.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 PM

I guess since its so close to the border illegals crossing into the US is close to home and since its so close to the border alot of people dont speak english. He says the farther north u go the more english is spoken.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,781,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reice03 View Post
I guess since its so close to the border illegals crossing into the US is close to home and since its so close to the border alot of people dont speak english. He says the farther north u go the more english is spoken.
Very few illegals cross the border near San Diego. That was shut off a few years ago.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 PM

oh ok i was just going off what he was saying... Does anyone know any real estate companies in the area i wanted to browse thier websites to see what was available

Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,027,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
Very few illegals cross the border near San Diego. That was shut off a few years ago.
Word! Eastlake and Otay Ranch would not have been built if hadn't been shut down. Same goes with Plaza las Americas and Ocean View Hills. You would never believe it by the way it looks today (beautiful), but the mentioned areas were ground zero in the 90s for illegal immigration and drug smuggling. There are a few remnants-there are still a few yellow signs with the family running across 805.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego