Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:28 AM

28 posts, read 185,542 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be going to san diego for a week and will be there during the 4th of July.

Where are the best spots to watch the fireworks?

any suggestions on entertainment etc.

thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 09:11 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalguy76 View Post
My wife and I will be going to san diego for a week and will be there during the 4th of July.

Where are the best spots to watch the fireworks?

any suggestions on entertainment etc.

thanks!!
Downtown, on harbor drive, on either the cruise ship terminal or any of the open terminals nearby. You will be directly below the fireworks. Be careful, there are a lot of drunks out on July 4 after hours.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:29 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Anywhere along the coast is a great place to watch fireworks. In addition to downtown, there's also Mission Bay, Coronado, Ocean Beach, among others.

The best place is to be is high up so you can see 4 or 5 firework shows at a time. That's when you hit up your friends who live on the hillsides or in highrise buildings.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:34 PM

28 posts, read 185,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Downtown, on harbor drive, on either the cruise ship terminal or any of the open terminals nearby. You will be directly below the fireworks. Be careful, there are a lot of drunks out on July 4 after hours.
yeah I would prefer staying away from the drunks....since I will be one myself j/k But in all honesty I want the least drama filled environment. I will most likely go to mission bay or a park and put out a couple of chairs.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:19 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalguy76 View Post
yeah I would prefer staying away from the drunks....since I will be one myself j/k But in all honesty I want the least drama filled environment. I will most likely go to mission bay or a park and put out a couple of chairs.
We go in and out commando style. Park the car on the streets over City Hall, walk down to the secret, seagull-**** encrusted spot, watch the fireworks, bail out... It is fun though, you can feel the paper crumbs from the shells hit you.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Jax

108 posts, read 638,881 times
It's fun to make a day of it in Coronado. It gets crowded, though, so go early. They usually have a 4th of July parade, plus you have the beach, ice cream at Mootime (the line is usually out the door on the 4th) on Orange Avenue, and finally the fireworks at night. You can watch them at the golf course. Just ask someone on the island for directions on how to get to the golf course area to watch the fireworks, and hopefully they can point you in the right direction. Have fun! Wish I could be there!

Old 06-26-2007, 02:53 PM

840 posts, read 6,514,145 times
Has anyone gone to Mt. Soledad on the 4th of July to see fireworks?

Old 06-27-2007, 06:36 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,174 times
Fiesta Island is great, but get there early and plan on staying an hour or two after the show ends. Traffic in/out is insane. Very fun party environment though....

If you are looking for a more cozy small town suburban area with far less traffic, Rancho Bernardo High School has a great show every year as does Poway and Rancho PQ.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:54 PM

705 posts, read 3,297,061 times
This makes me laugh. In Los Angeles you can watch fireworks wherever you are! The best place is probably at the Rosebowl in Pasadena but Im serious when I say you can drive downt the street and see fireworks all over the streets of Los Angeles County. Its beautiful! I know it doesnt have to do with anything in this thread but I just wanted to share. Del Mar is probably your best bet in San Diego.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:17 PM

840 posts, read 6,514,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
This makes me laugh. In Los Angeles you can watch fireworks wherever you are! The best place is probably at the Rosebowl in Pasadena but Im serious when I say you can drive downt the street and see fireworks all over the streets of Los Angeles County. Its beautiful! I know it doesnt have to do with anything in this thread but I just wanted to share. Del Mar is probably your best bet in San Diego.
I'm sure L.A. has great firework shows but this is regarding San Diego, not L.A.

If you want to talk about L.A. there's a forum for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego