Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 01:44 PM

4 posts, read 23,249 times

Advertisements

Anyone here who has a honest say about Quail Valley? We're planning to buy a house around this area..

Appreciate any feedback for a first time home buyer coming from New Jersey.

Last edited by WinS; 06-05-2007 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: Moving post to LA forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 04:56 PM

6 posts, read 29,469 times
Stay Away From Quail Valley At All Costs!!! Very Dumpy Area, A Lot Of Crime And Drugs. There Are Many Other Areas You Can Choose From, Many. Do Not Go To Quail Valley!! If You Are Looking For Affordable Housing, Try Wildomar, Sun City Or Hemet. Stay Away From Perris, Lake Elsinore, Quail Valley And Romoland.

Murrieta, Canyon Lake, Wildomar Or Temecula Are Going To Be The Best Areas.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:06 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,198,105 times
I hate to break it to you but Quail Valley really is a hole. Meth Lab City. Your probably getting what looks like a deal, and that's for a reason.

Personally, the only 2 towns I would live in in the area would be Murrieta or Temecula, about half an hour south of Quail Valley. If I couldn't afford that I would go for Menifee or Wildomar. I would stay the heck outta Hemet, San Jacinto, Lake Elsinore, Romoland, or Perris. Sun City is pretty safe but hotter than Murrieta/Temecula and not as aesthetically pleasing. Canyon Lake is nice but again SUPER hot, and in the Lake Elsinore school district, which is not good.

Sorry to be such a downer on your plans! I wish you luck!

Old 06-06-2007, 10:59 AM

4 posts, read 23,249 times
Thank you for your inputs... Canyon Lake is just beside Quail Valley? Does that make it a hole or dump area too??

Don't mind staying in a hot area but traffic is one thing to avoid (got that in NJ & NY)... Wildomar is at I-15 and some post say traffic gets bad at 15.

Currently looking at Menifee, Murietta & Beaumont.. Again thanks.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:24 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,198,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinS View Post
Thank you for your inputs... Canyon Lake is just beside Quail Valley? Does that make it a hole or dump area too??

Don't mind staying in a hot area but traffic is one thing to avoid (got that in NJ & NY)... Wildomar is at I-15 and some post say traffic gets bad at 15.

Currently looking at Menifee, Murietta & Beaumont.. Again thanks.
Canyon Lake is the more upscale part of Lake Elsinore. I'm not sure if it's technically it's own town or not. Even though it's not far from Quail Valley, the entire community (I believe) is gated, thus it's safeness. Here's a link about it:

Canyon Lake, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Murrieta would be the nicest town you mentioned to live in. I just moved from there last year.

Menifee isn't too bad, it's just north of Murrieta on the 215.

I don't personally know about Beaumont, but I think it's just at the tree line, meaning it's at a higher elevation, and they have pines and stuff, as opposed to a more desert type of enviroment. I've heard it's not all that nice but it's not one of the worse areas either. I do know lots of building has gone on there in the past several years.

I do have another bit of bad news...traffic will be an issue ANYWHERE you live in So Cal. You are probably picking one of the BETTER places to live traffic-wise, and STILL you will encounter it. It's just a part of southern-California living. The worst in the area will be on the 15 thru Temecula and at the 15/215 split in Murrieta, but it's not as bad as L.A., Orange county, San Diego county, or the Riverside area.

Best of luck to you! PM me if you have any more questions or if I can help any further!

Old 06-06-2007, 12:24 PM

8 posts, read 29,271 times
Quail Valley has improve over the years and has a lot of manufactured homes in the area which has become more difficult to get a loan on recently. However if this is all you can afford than thats how it is. If you can afford to drive to Hemet you might find similar prices for actual stick built houses, just more of a drive to the freeway.

If you can afford it Murrieta and Temecula is the way to go, right now you can get a nice house/townhome around there for $315000-360000.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 7,416 times
Smile Quail Valley

Quail Valley has a poor section of town and a nice section of town with nice homes. What town doesn't? The homes are reasonably priced. It has a lot of horse people and horse properties. The schools are new and in a very good district. Taxes are reasonably low.

Brand new development homes were just built and they sold like crazy. Crime is very low. My family has lived here for over 15 years and never had a problem. The town is centrally located between Interstate 15 and Interstate 215. San Diego and Los Angeles is readily accessible. The mountain resorts are within 30 minutes and the ocean about an hour.

Don't listen to all these losers.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:58 AM

1 posts, read 7,302 times
AAA to many negatives make a negative think positive and be positive

Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 6,706 times
We are looking to buy a home on Vermillion Ln, Menifee. Is that the same area that people are talking about being a Meth Paradise and high in crime?

Old 05-01-2010, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,679 times
It's to bad about Quail Valley.....I'm 41, and grew up there since 1972. It was a fun place then. It was originally a resort (similar to Canyon Lake). It had a clubhouse, lake, pool, tennis, shuffleboard.....members only. It had a gate/walled entry, with a guard shack next to the fire station. But, the finacial support fell through around 1972/73 (due to corrupt/idiotic reasons I've heard). I loved growing up there.

Now, it's mostly mexicans (many illegal I'm sure), and waaaaay different. Alot of modular homes. Looks pretty ****ty. It makes me sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties