Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 10:18 AM

3 posts, read 8,473 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband recently took a new job in Moreno valley and we're considering buying a house in Ontario ranch area.
ontarioranch.com

Do you know if this area will be any good?
I'm concerned about safety (gangs?) and the quality of the public schools.

We're also considering the south east part of Rancho Cucamonga but it's going to be a longer commute to Moreno valley.

Thanks!

-Jenny

Last edited by exnthecity; 03-22-2016 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 11:19 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,173,566 times
I have a friend who lives around the corner from Colony high school in the newer (yet slightly older) condos, built in the late 2000s. She loves the area and I haven't heard about any gang problems, but I couldn't say for sure. Her kids are grown up and went to schools in another area, so I don't have much to add aside that they currently score in the moderate performance range on greatschools. They are also building newer schools to accommodate the new development.

With all the surrounding new development of retail, parks, and schools, it should be a pretty convenient place to live once it's all built up. Right now it feels pretty barren around the existing neighborhoods.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:52 AM

928 posts, read 1,069,912 times
No gang problems in that area. Great place to live.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:55 PM

4 posts, read 15,525 times
I definitely would not recommend anywhere in Ontario... People may say the schools are good but the schools are only as good as the students who go to school in it. Unfortunately this area has many many uneducated people and for lack of a better term, lots of "white trash". Since the parents don't care about their kids' education, the kids dont care about their education either. I don't think you would want your children around people like this, lazy, unmotivated... Think oversized pickup trucks, tattoos, etc. This area is MUCH CHEAPER than Southern California as a whole, for example nearby Los Angeles County or Orange County. And that is why many people move out here for cheaper houses. It also smells like cow poop because of all the farms nearby! Stay away from this area (Ontario/Moreno Valley) or live in Rancho Cucamonga.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:58 PM

Talk about generalizing and outdated comments. Ontario wasn't the best in the 1990s but has improved greatly over recent years. I've lived in Ontario for years and would not live anywhere else. Granted on live on the north side which is better than the southern section.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear100 View Post
I definitely would not recommend anywhere in Ontario... People may say the schools are good but the schools are only as good as the students who go to school in it. Unfortunately this area has many many uneducated people and for lack of a better term, lots of "white trash". Since the parents don't care about their kids' education, the kids dont care about their education either. I don't think you would want your children around people like this, lazy, unmotivated... Think oversized pickup trucks, tattoos, etc. This area is MUCH CHEAPER than Southern California as a whole, for example nearby Los Angeles County or Orange County. And that is why many people move out here for cheaper houses. It also smells like cow poop because of all the farms nearby! Stay away from this area (Ontario/Moreno Valley) or live in Rancho Cucamonga.
Think the poster may have mistaken the area for Fontana. That area was know for those types of people in the 90s but even that has changed for the better.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:06 AM

3 posts, read 8,473 times
Thanks for the replies!
I thought that with the new schools/parks/shops coming in, the quality would improve.
The only thing that gets me is the property tax rate of 1.93%.
Do you think it's worth it?

This is what we're looking at:
Residence 2 - Summerset at New Haven by Brookfield Residential SoCal | Zillow

Old 04-03-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exnthecity View Post
Thanks for the replies!
I thought that with the new schools/parks/shops coming in, the quality would improve.
The only thing that gets me is the property tax rate of 1.93%.
Do you think it's worth it?

This is what we're looking at:
Residence 2 - Summerset at New Haven by Brookfield Residential SoCal | Zillow
Any new area in the IE seems to have that high tax rate. That's why I bought a new house in an existing area. Tax rates in existing areas are around 1%.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:21 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,018,993 times
I worked on the Ontario airport from 2004-2008 and get back once or twice a year. I wouldn't personally live in that area. The only part of Ontario I would live in is the north part near the Rancho Cucamonga border. I would recommend College Park or The Preserves in Chino over this area.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:03 AM

4 posts, read 16,354 times
Hi Jenny,

Not sure if you'll be getting this message but I want to quickly follow up on your take on Ontario Ranch. Did you purchase a home in that area? I'm looking into purchasing a home and want to get some information from the locals. Thank you in advance for taking you time on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties