Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Yucaipa CA a racist town?
Yes 7 16.28%
No 26 60.47%
A little 9 20.93%
Very! 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 12:15 AM

29 posts, read 59,953 times

Advertisements

My few visits to Yucaipa I kinda got the feeling this may be kinda of a racist town but wasn't really sure if I was misjudging or if it was just in my head. What would be your vote Yucaipa CA a Racist town or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 01:50 PM

1,176 posts, read 3,180,022 times
Too broad of a categorization. Won't vote.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:28 PM

22 posts, read 40,655 times
Every town has racists and non racists, Yucaipa is about a 50/50 split between blue collar immigrant Mexicans and working class white folks so while I am not saying its Klantown its likely not a bastion of progressive love. In CA Mexicans seem to be very ethnocentric and will choose their own over others so that may be construed as racism.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:09 PM

29 posts, read 59,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieFromLA View Post
Every town has racists and non racists, Yucaipa is about a 50/50 split between blue collar immigrant Mexicans and working class white folks so while I am not saying its Klantown its likely not a bastion of progressive love. In CA Mexicans seem to be very ethnocentric and will choose their own over others so that may be construed as racism.
So Yucaipa is not very diverse for a California town and the two main groups who inhabit Yucaipa don't mesh well? And we're does does that leave others who don't fit into those two categories? Welcoming feelings from the locals or what the Hell are you doing here feelings from the locals? And if you do belong to one of those groups are you expected to just stick with your own so to speak?

Old 05-22-2015, 02:17 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasG1 View Post
So Yucaipa is not very diverse for a California town and the two main groups who inhabit Yucaipa don't mesh well? And we're does does that leave others who don't fit into those two categories? Welcoming feelings from the locals or what the Hell are you doing here feelings from the locals? And if you do belong to one of those groups are you expected to just stick with your own so to speak?
You just live your life and don't care about cultural labels.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:10 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,485,271 times
Yucaipa is very white and Mexican. It is also very conservative relative to its surrounding areas. But you can fit in. In that area now, if you live somewhere for 2 years, you're a long time resident. Then things seem better.... really.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:56 PM

987 posts, read 1,745,449 times
My sister has lived there over 25 years now, she's Mexican-American. No complaints from her, although she had mentioned when they first lived out there, it took a few years to blend in and feel accepted - her words, not mine, but I think she said they felt like the "city slickers" that rolled into town and was being sincere about it.

I lived there back in 2010-2011 and have been staying weekends every other month to this date (I am in cahoots with a charity out there & volunteer/bringing donations each time) and people seem to either remember us or they warm up to us, (w/out knowing us at all). We also visit both churches (California/Bryant) at times, religion is very strong out there. I do miss St. Frances Cabrini., but anyhow I agree w/the above two posters.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:11 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
I don't see many black people in Yucaipa. Its mostly white & Mexican.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:23 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
Mostly Mexican now. I grew up here.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:09 PM

66 posts, read 123,062 times
I have friends in Yucaipa, I honestly think the question is so poorly phrased that it is impossible to answer.
I have dealt with racist people of every color during my life on this planet but I dont judge an entire city, based on the negative acts of a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties