Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 09:49 AM

7 posts, read 32,930 times

Advertisements

We have lived in Corona for 5 years however we have friends in the Murrieta/Menifee areas and we considered selling our home and purchasing there...our main concern since we don't know the area too well, and our friends have only been in the area for a year, is getting info on how the schools, crime rate and overall community is...while Corona has a lot to offer, it seems for a family of 6, economically it would make sense to move to somewhere more affordable where we could get more space for the price. Any recommendations, info on the city and schools or advice on wether or not you regret moving to these areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 11:10 AM

121 posts, read 289,922 times
murrieta/temecula is safer than corona hands down. however, the biggest problem is it adds another 30+ miles (and 30+ minutes) to get anywhere in OC or LA.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:29 AM

57 posts, read 98,403 times
Is there a lot of crime in Corona?

Old 01-11-2014, 06:05 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,469,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Train View Post
Is there a lot of crime in Corona?
No but there are good areas and bad same as anywhere.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
No but there are good areas and bad same as anywhere.
I wouldn't say it's the same as "everywhere". There are some places such as Murrieta that simply do not have any bad areas. For example, one reason we chose not to go to Corona because the homes that we were interested in, the high school for the area is the infamous Centennial High, known for gangs. There aren't any gangs in Murrieta/Temecula regardless of which high school in the area.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,774,057 times
We have lived in Murrieta for 11 years and we love it. We moved here from San Diego. Murrieta has a very low crime rate, excellent schools, and there are no bad areas. it is true you are 30 miles farther from Los Angeles however you are 30 miles closer to San Diego which is far more important to us than Los Angeles. Neither of us work outside our home so commuting is not an issue. If you have to commute then you will have to consider that.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:51 PM

I don't know why you'd say that being closer to SD is more important than LA other than for personal preference. I meant from practicality LA is where the vast majority of jobs are at. The GDP of Sd cannot even be compared to LA. LA's gdp is the second largest in the entire country , SD is #16. Therefore if you're concerned about job security and chances are having to commute daily to a job, being closer to LA would be 8x a safer bet than living closer to SD.

That said, I'd rather be in SD on the weekend relaxing.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpersignal View Post
I don't know why you'd say that being closer to SD is more important than LA other than for personal preference. I meant from practicality LA is where the vast majority of jobs are at. The GDP of Sd cannot even be compared to LA. LA's gdp is the second largest in the entire country , SD is #16. Therefore if you're concerned about job security and chances are having to commute daily to a job, being closer to LA would be 8x a safer bet than living closer to SD.

That said, I'd rather be in SD on the weekend relaxing.
I specifically said that being closer to San Diego is more important for us. Commuting to a job is not something that I have to do. Nobody in my neigborhood commutes outside of the area. I would never live in this area if I had to commute to work in SD ir LA/OC.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:36 PM

I get it. It's the 55+ community. FWIW, I don't commute either unless you count downstairs a commute and I'm probably less than half your age, but now that we're done patting ourselves on the back, the reality is the vast majority of people do commute. Or were you giving advice to the OP with the assumption that they were retired?

Old 01-14-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpersignal View Post
I get it. It's the 55+ community. FWIW, I don't commute either unless you count downstairs a commute and I'm probably less than half your age, but now that we're done patting ourselves on the back, the reality is the vast majority of people do commute. Or were you giving advice to the OP with the assumption that they were retired?
You are being presumptuous. We don't live in a 55+ community. We live in a very nice area with a mix of families with children, working people, and a few retirees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties