Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2012, 10:19 AM

42 posts, read 131,830 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are moving to the Palm Springs area and have a son who is a freshman. I know that both La Quinta and Palm Desert High Schools are great schools. What is the student environment like at La Quinta H.S. or Palm Desert H.S.? Does anyone have any new student experiences or know what it's like to be a student at either one of these schools? Are the students going to be more accepting of someone new at either school? Our son is an average student and plays sports, mainly baseball, soccer and basketball. He plans on going college.

We have visited both schools, and Palm Desert is new and beautiful, but we don't want to chose it for that reason. The students and teachers at La Quinta were great from what we noticed. I'm looking for first hand experiences with either school. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 06:40 PM

485 posts, read 325,554 times
From what I've heard....La Quinta is suppose to be a really good school. But I will ask my friends who have kids at those schools.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious.In.California View Post
From what I've heard....La Quinta is suppose to be a really good school. But I will ask my friends who have kids at those schools.

Thank you, Curious! I look forward to hearing what you find out!

Old 11-13-2012, 11:21 PM

59 posts, read 218,440 times
If he's a football player I'd recomend La Quinta. As for the academics, demographics, etc. I couldn't help you LOL

Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_boy View Post
If he's a football player I'd recomend La Quinta. As for the academics, demographics, etc. I couldn't help you LOL
He is a soccer and baseball player. Now which one do you recommend? Thanks!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:31 PM

130 posts, read 292,032 times
have you chosen your high school yet? If not I have a GREAT deal of insight into these two schools and would recommend LQ much more highly over Palm Desert. If you need more info let me know

Old 11-20-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInTheDesert View Post
have you chosen your high school yet? If not I have a GREAT deal of insight into these two schools and would recommend LQ much more highly over Palm Desert. If you need more info let me know
LivingInTheDesert: We have not chosen a school yet. Would love to hear from you!

Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 PM

485 posts, read 325,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthelake1617 View Post
Thank you, Curious! I look forward to hearing what you find out!
I've asked my friends and of course, the ones who have kids who attend PD, recommend PD and the ones who have kids who attend LQ, recommend LQ. Ha!

Sorry, that's probably not much help. I tried.

My guess is, you probably can't go wrong w/ either. Both are probably very good schools and the top two in the Valley.

Which city do you plan to live in? Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties