Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2008, 01:54 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,020,685 times

Advertisements

Cold front just went through on the north west side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 02:11 PM

3 posts, read 10,425 times
I would like to know about S.A. if it gets tornado's and warnings all the time? If it's a great place to raise my kids? What part of town should i work or live would be the best? I want to move to S.A. the internet seems to make the place seem like the perfect spot, but afraid of just a few things i've already mentioned. I want to sell my home and move from Kingman, Az. soon. Any advice would be great. Also is it handicap friendly? or does it seem like they discard there sick and old. Just wondering on that part for my son.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,217,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Coronado View Post
I would like to know about S.A. if it gets tornado's and warnings all the time?
Rather than rehash the tornadoes topic which has been well-covered here, I'll just give you some helpful threads to read.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...ight=tornadoes

https://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...dering-sa.html

Old 04-01-2008, 02:23 PM

3 posts, read 10,425 times
I was considering moving to SA but kinda afraid do to tornado's. Do you have tornado's in SA or tornado warnings all the time? Is the flooding really bad? What is the best side of town to live on and schools for your children to go to? Is SA friendly and good with there handicap and elder people? I want to know everything i can so i can make a good choice wether i should sell my house or not. I now live in Kingman, Az. but the town not very friendly.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:22 PM

To our north again,

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/Loop/...lains_loop.gif

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-02-2008 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted pic - replaced with link -- use links folks!

Old 04-02-2008, 06:25 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,261,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
I wish I could tell y'all that I see a definitive rainmaker in our future. Unfortunately -- there are none (at least within sight). I would like to, however, point out that we do indeed have a system moving through tomorrow, but as the trend has been this year, most of the energy will pass to our north. That means, once again, our region will have hit and miss storms... we're a lucky select few could get pounced on with a hefty storm while the rest of us remain relatively dry.

Behind this system, we'll take a break from the humidity Friday and Saturday with highs in the 80s and lows in the 50s with clearing skies this weekend. But as we go into next week, the moisture will return and we'll be back to as humid as ever... not that this is all bad news. For there to be any hope to get out of the drought, one must be optimistic as we actually have the moisture in place. We're just missing the trigger to extract that moisture into the form of beneficial rainfall.

I can say, however, that we're much better off than areas up north who are STILL facing cold weather. I spoke with a friend who just got back from a trip to Boston and they complained about the cold.
-------------------------------

San Antonio International Airport:
Tuesday, April 1, 2008

High: 86ºF/30ºC
Low: 64ºF/18ºC
Precip: N/A

Observations: Morning started off very warm and humid with temperatures in the mid 70s. The afternoon heated up quickly to a high if 86 under mostly cloudy skies. Cold front moved through late in the afternoon and early evening dropping temperatures into the 60s by midnight.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

High: 78ºF/26ºC
Low: 62ºF/17ºC
Precip: N/A

Observations: After a cool morning relative to the past few, winds quickly rebounded from the South and East dragging in the clouds and moisture into the atmosphere. Humidity levels surely reflected that trend as it has been getting progressively more humid throughout the day. Overcast conditions prevailed all day.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-02-2008 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: replaced ref'd post w/links

Old 04-04-2008, 12:10 AM

Could be a bumpy morning storms just blew up over Val Verde County.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,217,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Could be a bumpy morning storms just blew up over Val Verde County.
Looks from the radar like all of the excitement is staying to the north of SA. I don't see anything to the west.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:04 AM

140 posts, read 509,967 times
north and east again! I want some storms. I love Texas storms.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:28 PM

140 posts, read 509,967 times
well after all the bad storms that did miss us i guess i have to say i'm glad they went around!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio