Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:45 PM

304 posts, read 1,326,556 times

Advertisements

I am interested in knowing about Halloween activities in San Antonio. Help me make a list (for others who might be interested) of what's going on.

Especially interested in family-oriented and low or no cost activities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 02:03 PM

905 posts, read 2,960,087 times
Just off the top of my head, I know Sea World and Fiesta Texas have Halloween activities and the Zoo has "Zooboo". There are haunted houses - Nightmare on Grayson St, and one on the south side.

There should be a Coffins on Parade on the Riverwalk, but I didn't see it listed.

2009 Halloween Calendar

San Antonio Area Halloween Activities 2009 in San Antonio, TX | Parents Connect Local

San Antonio's Haunting Halloween Habitats - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I wish there was still a Haunted Hayride...

Old 10-07-2009, 09:24 PM

173 posts, read 598,179 times
Nightmare on Grayson is supposed to be fun and family oriented.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:07 PM

109 posts, read 518,052 times
I'd like to know of activities that are good for little kids, as in not scary. Do the malls do anything?

Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
The MYSA news website has a Halloween section.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:26 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,094,539 times
I think I saw a tv spot for a public thing going on downtown this year, perhaps someone else saw it.

Some schools/churches have little carnivals, check in your area. In Northwood, they have one every year with a moonbounce and outdoor movies.

Many public housing complexes have childrens festivals, but I don't imagine many nonresidents attend.

One thing; not to knock it for those who enjoy it, but the Zoo Boo is not a great event for small children. It consists mostly of waiting in line to pass tables set up by local venders. It is not inside the zoo, and the few animals there are pet shop types. Older kids might enjoy collecting the freebies though. JMO

Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 AM

905 posts, read 2,960,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
One thing; not to knock it for those who enjoy it, but the Zoo Boo is not a great event for small children. It consists mostly of waiting in line to pass tables set up by local venders. It is not inside the zoo, and the few animals there are pet shop types. Older kids might enjoy collecting the freebies though. JMO
Really? I thought the Zoo Boo was inside the zoo. The website says that it is held on their grounds! I do know a friend took her grandkids there one year and said it was so crowded, that by the time it was over, they really had not done anything but stand in line. What a disappointment~!

San Antonio Zoo and Aquarium - Where you experience Real. Wild. Life. (http://www.sazoo-aq.org/events/zooboo.html - broken link)

Quote:
Zoo Boo 2009Zoo Boo
Friday October 30 and
Saturday October 31
6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
At the San Antonio Zoo

Boo! Join the Zoo for some
“spook”tacularly scary fun for all ages
this Halloween at the 23rd Annual Zoo
Boo at YOUR San Antonio Zoo. Zoo Boo is
an exciting, safe, and non-scary
Halloween event for families held on the
grounds of the San Antonio Zoo. Activities
include trick-or-treating, face painting,
and games. Visitors are encouraged to
wear costumes, and children can
participate in the costume contest.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:38 AM

841 posts, read 1,747,661 times
The Circle School just off of Broadway has their annual "Circle Fest" on October 24th from 4 to 8. Our friends have talked about it in the past, and we will be taking our kids this year. Since the school is primarily PK-early elementary, I am confident that the event will be family friendly.

The website, The Circle School - Family Cooperative School in San Antonio, TX, gives a little more info.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:11 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,094,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
Really? I thought the Zoo Boo was inside the zoo. The website says that it is held on their grounds! I do know a friend took her grandkids there one year and said it was so crowded, that by the time it was over, they really had not done anything but stand in line. What a disappointment~!

San Antonio Zoo and Aquarium - Where you experience Real. Wild. Life. (http://www.sazoo-aq.org/events/zooboo.html - broken link)
When I have been, it was mostly held in a side parking lot and a zoo entrance road. There are no animal dispays near, and you do not have access to the rest of the zoo. It's for a good cause, though

Old 10-08-2009, 07:16 PM

5 posts, read 14,887 times
FREE on Halloween
www.nwhills.org
www.windsorparkassembly.org
www.nwhills.org

Cost $$$ all of October
www.fordfamilyfarm.com
www.lovecreekorchards.com/Pumpkin-patch.htm (broken link)
www.southtexasmaize.com

I wrote an article on this so I had the websites available. Hope this is what you were looking for. Lindy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio