Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:09 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,506,799 times

Advertisements

hey guys, I just got pulled over for an Inspection by SAPD LOL!!! usually its TX DPS Troopers that do the inspections. well clearly these (SAPD's) are poorly trained, not only they gave me tickets for what should of been warnings, they duplicated the violations so Instead of having One violation they made two other from that one violation, and he inputed them twice. Man I cant wait to go to court with this guy.

and to add on how asinine the SAPD are, they didnt check the box where "I would promise to appear in court" and he didnt give me a court date, so I spent hours and hours trying to get ahold of this officer and no avail, so I guess I get to go to pearsal in the next few days so I can stop at the scale and show DPS how stupid SAPD is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 08:03 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,797,306 times
That's lame. Do you at least get paid while fighting this kind of stuff?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:58 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,198,272 times
Mom always said "son, ya gotta be at least 10 per cent smarter than what you're doing..."

Old 06-22-2009, 10:12 PM

592 posts, read 2,025,435 times
That is why sa has high crime rate. Instead of fighting crime gans murders they are giving tkts for dumb things

Old 06-23-2009, 07:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
hey guys, I just got pulled over for an Inspection by SAPD LOL!!! usually its TX DPS Troopers that do the inspections. well clearly these (SAPD's) are poorly trained, not only they gave me tickets for what should of been warnings, they duplicated the violations so Instead of having One violation they made two other from that one violation, and he inputed them twice. Man I cant wait to go to court with this guy.

and to add on how asinine the SAPD are, they didnt check the box where "I would promise to appear in court" and he didnt give me a court date, so I spent hours and hours trying to get ahold of this officer and no avail, so I guess I get to go to pearsal in the next few days so I can stop at the scale and show DPS how stupid SAPD is.
good luck, what makes you think it should have been just a warning...Poor baby. Would you like cheese with your whine?

Nita

Old 06-23-2009, 08:09 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
good luck, what makes you think it should have been just a warning...Poor baby. Would you like cheese with your whine?

Nita
Unfortunately, this is indeed the attitude of the SAPD. When my car was broken into, the officer who came out informed that I could report this online instead of calling them up for a physical visit. I guess that it is to free up their time for mindless stuff like what they did to you.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:36 AM

91 posts, read 260,621 times
i have noticed an increased police presence this summer.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Unfortunately, this is indeed the attitude of the SAPD. When my car was broken into, the officer who came out informed that I could report this online instead of calling them up for a physical visit. I guess that it is to free up their time for mindless stuff like what they did to you.
What part of this do you not get? The guy had an outdated inspection. Could the cops have been stopping more people for whatever at that minute, who knows, but the inspection was not current and that is breaking the law.

Nita

Old 06-23-2009, 01:48 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,797,306 times
Quote:
What part of this do you not get? The guy had an outdated inspection. Could the cops have been stopping more people for whatever at that minute, who knows, but the inspection was not current and that is breaking the law.

Nita
What part of this do you not get? They pulled his truck over to conduct an inspection. Not for an expired inspection. He never elaborated on what exactly they found.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:21 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,506,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
That's lame. Do you at least get paid while fighting this kind of stuff?

Nope because I own the truck, but I will accept responsibility for the "brake out of adjustment" violation, because I changed a chamber last saturday, I was working on the sun, and I just plain old forgot.

but Its a 200 dollar fine, 250 if I face the judge and loose, but Theres no way I'm going to pay three times for the same violation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Mom always said "son, ya gotta be at least 10 per cent smarter than what you're doing..."
Not in this case, You got to let SAPD do their bulling, once I gather all my info, data, proof I get my revenge at court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtobias View Post
That is why sa has high crime rate. Instead of fighting crime gans murders they are giving tkts for dumb things
because what do they get out of criminals? Nothing thats what, they always go after the working class, because they can easily get their ends meat with one inspection.

Quote:

Nita
Because well it might be too complicated for your fragile little mind to get but here goes nothing....

SAPD sucks at doing DOT INSPECTIONS NOT STATE!!!! DOT = Department of Transportation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS PULLED OVER FOR A DOT INSPECTION BY A SAPD PEACE OFFICER.

Major DOT Violations result in tickets, Major Violations are Air Leaks (from brake lines), Faulty Warning Systems (Air pressure, and Oil), Inspired Stickers, No Cab Card Insurance, Over Gross Weight or Over Axle by 5% of Gross. Bald or Tread Exposed tires.

Minor Violations are, Loose cables, Small Oil Leak, Near Empty fire extinguisher, etc...

DPS Troopers know better to give you a violation ticket three times, it will make them look foolish infront of the judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
What part of this do you not get? They pulled his truck over to conduct an inspection. Not for an expired inspection. He never elaborated on what exactly they found.

Yeah, they just found one of my brake out of adjustment by 1/16th of an inch, A DPS Trooper would of had me adjust it, but ohh well, that I do take my responsibility but as I stated I wont pay for it three times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio