Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:12 PM

9 posts, read 22,704 times

Advertisements

Great Linda. We actually have two physicians that work at BAMC in the units, and a Colonel (Nurse) who is a medical contractor for the army. We love medical people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 03:23 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,620,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy.G.Majek View Post
Great Linda. We actually have two physicians that work at BAMC in the units, and a Colonel (Nurse) who is a medical contractor for the army. We love medical people!
I'm not a doc or a nurse! I'm in administration over here. I do love working with medical personnel, though - I am not ashamed to say that I have a really interesting job, a job in which I learn something every day. (And sometimes get to look at really gross pictures! )

Old 07-28-2009, 04:10 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,561,226 times
LindaGrace - FWIW, I live in the neighborhood and work in the medical center. It's at most a 15 min drive to work. Pretty easy against-traffic commute.

re: Della's comments - I've not noticed any graffiti. Leigh St does leave a lot to be desired, but it is a transitional neighborhood. In a few years you won't find anything under $300k...

I was wondering about the new structure. Thanks for clarifying Randy. For anyone interested, there's a meeting on Friday July 31, 6-7pm to discuss Phase III. I think it's open to the public, at least that's how the invitation seemed.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:36 PM

841 posts, read 1,748,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy.G.Majek View Post
With regards to the "horrible" structure, it is a parking garage that will be surrounded by apartments. It is the European style of donwtown living as evidenced also in the Vistana going up downtown. The interior consists of parking and living is to the exterior. A new concept to San Antonio, but not other urban areas. As I noted, the Vistana downtown is the first to really work this concept. Hope that helps to clarity.
The new apartments in the Quarry Market (reviewed in other threads) also utilize this arangement, as does the mixed use development just under construction at the Pearl Brewery. As San Antonio "grows up", we will see more and more of this type of construction.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:17 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,620,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
LindaGrace - FWIW, I live in the neighborhood and work in the medical center. It's at most a 15 min drive to work. Pretty easy against-traffic commute.

re: Della's comments - I've not noticed any graffiti. Leigh St does leave a lot to be desired, but it is a transitional neighborhood. In a few years you won't find anything under $300k...

I was wondering about the new structure. Thanks for clarifying Randy. For anyone interested, there's a meeting on Friday July 31, 6-7pm to discuss Phase III. I think it's open to the public, at least that's how the invitation seemed.
Hey Chaka, thanks for the commute info. Obviously I knew it was against traffic, but I thought it would be more of a 25-minute commute (which is too long for me. If I could live IN the dental school, I would. ). You've opened up a whole new area of town for us to explore and consider as we look at houses.

If only my husband could find a job - the process would go a heck of a lot faster!

Old 07-29-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Hey Chaka, thanks for the commute info. Obviously I knew it was against traffic, but I thought it would be more of a 25-minute commute (which is too long for me. If I could live IN the dental school, I would. ). You've opened up a whole new area of town for us to explore and consider as we look at houses.

If only my husband could find a job - the process would go a heck of a lot faster!
I work just across the street from you.

Probably the longest part is the stretch on the surface streets in the med center.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 AM

616 posts, read 2,085,012 times
Quote:
The new apartments in the Quarry Market (reviewed in other threads) also utilize this arangement, as does the mixed use development just under construction at the Pearl Brewery. As San Antonio "grows up", we will see more and more of this type of construction.
The Meridian is built with this setup. It works very well. It means nobody ends up with a view of the parking lot. It's also a smarter use of limited space.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:27 PM

Agreed. Thanks for the comment

Old 08-10-2009, 01:29 PM

Eleanor, thanks for the response. Good stuff.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:31 PM

I think about this thread every time I drive by. I see the housing units are going up now. I'll be curious to see the final product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio