Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 01:46 PM

24 posts, read 68,064 times

Advertisements

We're thinking of buying one of these in New Braunfels. Any experiences would be appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 02:20 PM

161 posts, read 360,514 times
I had a house built by BE Homes, and I like it a lot. Most of their models have a lot of upgrades standard.

We went through 3 different sales agents. The first one got fired for promising things he couldn't deliver on and didn't put in writing, and the one who took over right after that did the same thing. The third guy stuck around for a while, and we closed with him, but he was gone shortly after (not sure if he got fired or just left). This whole thing wasn't so much a bad thing for us at all, but was just kinda weird I guess. We had a really good superintendent who was there for the entire building process, though he is gone now too (for reasons I don't know).

Nothing bad came out of the turnover of these people for us, and in actuality it probably got us some upgrades we weren't entitled to. I am very happy with my home and the quality of it. It just wasn't reassuring to see the people you are working with get replaced a few times.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:21 PM

107 posts, read 354,682 times
plantation home equals liars!! please do not buy from them

Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 PM

345 posts, read 1,566,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itellyouthetruth View Post
I don't know anything about either builder, but do you have something to back up this statement?

Old 05-17-2009, 12:36 AM

11 posts, read 55,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itellyouthetruth View Post
Can you tell me the details because I am thinking of building a new homes by Plantation Homes?

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2009, 06:55 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrice73 View Post
Can you tell me the details because I am thinking of building a new homes by Plantation Homes?

Thanks!
He didn't qualify for a mortgage...so he faults the builder.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:26 PM

107 posts, read 354,682 times
Let me say this, I had planned to purchase a home from Plantation Homes, they tried to back door my realtor and told me not use an agent and I was getting straight run around!!! With that said, I was approved for a 700k loan thanks, I had a very bad experience with this builder and this was in Sachse Texas. I guess I shouldnt blame the builder, the sales people were very rude. just do a goggle search and one day if you are in that subdivision ask some of the homeowners how they like the builder and the home that has been built for them
very funny first class.lol

Old 08-09-2009, 08:56 PM

50 posts, read 153,360 times
Every new home builder wants you to be happy with your purchase. Builders like every other business needs happy customers to survive.
My wife and I both sell new construction for large builders and 99% of the customers are happy and satisfied. However, when I search our companies on the internet and read the posts...You would think that our companies are horrible monsters out to take your money.
Plantation Homes are excellent homes as are most of the sales people that work for them.
The general rule of thumb in new construction: Relax - it is a remarkable accomplishment to be able to have a home built for your family. Enjoy it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio