Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 03:32 PM

41 posts, read 239,537 times

Advertisements

When we sold our home in San Antonio, our realtor was excellent. If you still need suggestions, let me know and I can message you her name and information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 05:30 PM

69 posts, read 122,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
I'm always curious about how many "solicitations" someone will receive when asking for referrals. Without naming any names, can you tell us how many "I'm a great Realtor and would be happy to help you" dm's you got?
I think I have only got 1....the rest were recommendations.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apies1819 View Post
Well if you still need one I will dm it to you. Shes awesome.. so patient... took me to see over 80+ homes...

yes please DM her name. 80+ sounds like something I would require!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 05:36 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,170,984 times
OMG, forgive me, but 80 houses? You can't weed some of those out?

I would never make it in the real estate business, apparently. You would just **** me off with your 80+ houses.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:58 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,773,322 times
I know a really good and honest guy that does the Canyon Lake area. If anyone needs his info, just DM me.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
OMG, forgive me, but 80 houses? You can't weed some of those out?

I would never make it in the real estate business, apparently. You would just **** me off with your 80+ houses.
HAHA!! I would **** me off too!!!

But its what it takes to get me a house I love!!!!

Old 03-05-2009, 06:33 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,467,978 times
Looking at 80 houses makes the decision harder, not easier. By the end of that many, you cannot remember one from the other and often end up forgetting about one that fit your needs very well. Best way is to weed them out by driving through the neighborhoods and picking the 10 best ones to go check out the inside.

If you're looking at 80 your Realtor doesn't know what they're doing, or you really don't know what you're looking for. Most of the time, it's the latter.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Looking at 80 houses makes the decision harder, not easier. By the end of that many, you cannot remember one from the other and often end up forgetting about one that fit your needs very well. Best way is to weed them out by driving through the neighborhoods and picking the 10 best ones to go check out the inside.

If you're looking at 80 your Realtor doesn't know what they're doing, or you really don't know what you're looking for. Most of the time, it's the latter.
Ok well 80+ houses was obviously an exaggeration. But I am also a firm believer that you know the house for you as soon as you walk into it, you just get that feeling. And it may take walking through a few dozen to get that feeling!

Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 AM

19 posts, read 70,996 times
kevcrawford - I have to disagree with you...somewhat. Eighty houses isn't always an indicator that the Realtor/buyer doesn't know what they're doing/looking for. I have a buyer who is very picky about what they're looking for and can afford to be choosy. The key to the relationship is that we know what we're looking for and the client was up front about what they were trying to find. Some people just like looking though and it is something we as agents have to prepare ourselves for and know how to deal with. They key is getting to know your clients and understanding what they're looking for and why. Once you can get that kind of insight, it makes the search much easier on the agent and the client.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:45 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,467,978 times
Yeah, but if you're actually going out and looking at that many, the Realtor is either taking the buyer to homes that don't fit their criteria, or the buyer keeps changing their criteria. If you look at that many homes, they all run together and the longer you look, the harder it is to make a decision. Both parties usually end up frustrated in that situation.

If they're clear about what they want up front, and the Realtor listens, you should be able to pinpoint about 10 homes that will work well for them.

To each his own, but I won't waste my, nor the buyer's time looking at that many. It's not productive in my experience. There are 100 different ideas of the best way to work with clients though. I just know what works for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio