Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:08 PM

890 posts, read 1,852,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithie View Post
San Antonio is the only place that it can be 60 degrees in the morning, and rise to 110 by the afternoon...extremely bad place for allegins. Although, it does have many attractions and historic sights.

The part about the temperature, isn't necessarily true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 12:48 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,628,330 times
4 year old thread.

that being said, im happy with my move here, even if most of the city is less than desirable...

Old 09-11-2011, 06:32 AM

95 posts, read 210,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
I notice on this forum many people focus on the negatives of the city and overlook the positives, which are in my opinion very plentiful. I do not think crime in SA is very high and I have never in my 5 years living here had anything stole, or even felt threatened. Prices and service here seem to be a lot friendlier than most other places I have been too. I aslo think tat this is a very beautiful city. Overall, I think SA is a great place to live -- what are your opinions?
Although there are certain things about SA I would like to change, it is a wonderful place to live. The food is good. People are overall pretty nice and friendly (although slightly shy). Downtown is fun to get lost in. I think if you don't think SA doesnt have much of a nightlife, then you just dont know about it.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:37 AM

7,131 posts, read 11,863,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
4 year old thread.

that being said, im happy with my move here, even if most of the city is less than desirable...
Funny.......you ever thought that the issue is perhaps rooted in your attitude towards others?

Just sayin'.........

Old 09-11-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Funny.......you ever thought that the issue is perhaps rooted in your attitude towards others?

Just sayin'.........
nope. not at all. i am who i am and dont make excuses. my general attitude is based off real world experience and statistical facts. moreso the ladder.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCityIsBest View Post
San Antonio is by far the best place to live in Texas. Great weather, great highway system and an active population. Lots of bike trails and walkability is great.
uh....

idk what to say about the bolded...

Old 09-11-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
nope. not at all. i am who i am and dont make excuses. my general attitude is based off real world experience and statistical facts. moreso the ladder.
Really? I'd suggest you either need to get out more, or review your "facts" sources - because frankly, much of what you say is skewed dramatically, and usually comes off as just plain wrong.

But....I recognize that you do that to garner attention and raise debate - no one could say the kinds of things you do with a straight face.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Really? I'd suggest you either need to get out more, or review your "facts" sources - because frankly, much of what you say is skewed dramatically, and usually comes off as just plain wrong.

But....I recognize that you do that to garner attention and raise debate - no one could say the kinds of things you do with a straight face.
meh, no offence to you (youre a cool guy and i like the cut of your gib) but my data that i base some of my attitude is from places like the department of labor, various prison statistical websites, various scholastic websites, etc etc.

i dont base it all off one source. i have multiple sources and most, if not all, are in agreement about things i disagree with.

take it as you will.

if by garnering attention and raising debate you mean presenting factual data from known sources that have no bias, then yes, i do do that

/my line of work has me out and about most of the day, witnessing all aspects this city has to offer and interacting with the dredges of society that id rather not be interacting with, but hey, moneys money.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:00 PM

Ummmm....which of those sites pertain to military? And most "sources" today - especially those of the social services, educational and government - are so far left-leaning that even the most (honest) jaded will concede that their bias is obvious.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Ummmm....which of those sites pertain to military? And most "sources" today - especially those of the social services, educational and government - are so far left-leaning that even the most (honest) jaded will concede that their bias is obvious.
blah nevermind, way off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio