Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:43 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times

Advertisements

That does stink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 07:17 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,558,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
--- the Paleta place next door to the cleaners was closed also...

we drove around the back and noticed about 4shops maybe that were closed ---

we don't frequent that area so i don't know if any of these places were closed already, just saying what we saw...

Actually, the paleta place closed long ago. A Shake's Frozen Custard opened for a short while last summer, but also closed (I believe the one on I-10 closed, too).

Several of the businesses in the back had closed a while ago, like the party place.

However, most of the shops have been alive and well since they opened.

And I, too, love Copa. So does every other teacher in NEISD!!

Last edited by pobre; 01-12-2009 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-12-2009, 08:37 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,682,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
And I, too, love Copa. So does every other teacher in NEISD!!
Yep...We teachers need our happy hour!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:04 AM

25 posts, read 65,779 times
Thai Chili just opened their second location there.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 AM

5 posts, read 12,546 times
McCreless Shopping Center near I-37 & E Southcross closed and was eventually bulldozed down. Windsor Park Mall at Ingram & I-35 closed. Wonderland Mall at I-10 & Loop 410 closed and changed names to Cross Roads Mall. Central Park Mall at Loop 410 & San Pedro was closed then later bulldozed down. However, South Park Mall at I-35 and SW Military Drive has been around as long as all the Malls that I have listed and has still not been closed. In fact, it is still prospering. This is the Mall that was refused a Book Store for many years by book sellers due to the thinking that Mexican Americans would not buy any books for casual or educational reading. This is the Mall that has 95% Mexican American poor or working class customers. This is the Mall that is the pride of the South Side of San Antonio and thriving. Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by Bo; 01-22-2009 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: It's fine to disagree, but it's against the TOS to attack those you disagree with.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:39 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hispanic Vet View Post
McCreless Shopping Center near I-37 & E Southcross closed and was eventually bulldozed down. Windsor Park Mall at Ingram & I-35 closed. Wonderland Mall at I-10 & Loop 410 closed and changed names to Cross Roads Mall. Central Park Mall at Loop 410 & San Pedro was closed then later bulldozed down. However, South Park Mall at I-35 and SW Military Drive has been around as long as all the Malls that I have listed and has still not been closed. In fact, it is still prospering. This is the Mall that was refused a Book Store for many years by book sellers due to the thinking that Mexican Americans would not buy any books for casual or educational reading. This is the Mall that has 95% Mexican American poor or working class customers. This is the Mall that is the pride of the South Side of San Antonio and thriving. Moderator cut: personal attack
Not to be mean but this is the only mall down there.

So you can keep it.

Last edited by Bo; 01-22-2009 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: Updated quote to match original.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:54 PM

616 posts, read 2,084,319 times
Quote:
And by the way, where is Stone Oak Shopping Center? As I said; Ha ! and Ha, ha!
Stone Oak has like five shopping centers, from what I saw when I drove up to Horseshoe Bay a few weeks ago. There's the one south of the 281/1604 interchange, the one north of the 281/1604 interchange, the giant one with the HEB Plus on the left hand side of the road around Evans, and the one that is trying to look like a Main Street USA type thing on the right hand side at 281 and Stone Oak. Plus, I know about the Vineyard to the west of Stone Oak, and the two-story one they built across from Cornerstone Church.

I think I'm missing one or two other ones, but anyways, my point is that just from driving down the freeway I was able to determine that the ONE thing the Stone Oak area and points north do not suffer from a lack of is shopping centers. The drive up the freeway seemed to go shopping center-subdivision-shopping center almost all the way to Bulverde Road.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:30 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,558,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby View Post
Stone Oak has like five shopping centers, from what I saw when I drove up to Horseshoe Bay a few weeks ago. There's the one south of the 281/1604 interchange, the one north of the 281/1604 interchange, the giant one with the HEB Plus on the left hand side of the road around Evans, and the one that is trying to look like a Main Street USA type thing on the right hand side at 281 and Stone Oak. Plus, I know about the Vineyard to the west of Stone Oak, and the two-story one they built across from Cornerstone Church.

I think I'm missing one or two other ones, but anyways, my point is that just from driving down the freeway I was able to determine that the ONE thing the Stone Oak area and points north do not suffer from a lack of is shopping centers. The drive up the freeway seemed to go shopping center-subdivision-shopping center almost all the way to Bulverde Road.
Not only that, those are the SC on the edge of Stone Oak. There are others within Stone Oak. Of course, due to it's population density, that makes sense.

OTOH, San Antonio does not seem to lack retail space anywhere...

Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,796,220 times
Racists come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

I'll go support Stone Oak tonight by going out to a local place this evening at one of these shopping malls that seem so endangered. Any recommendations for something Asian? Maybe a good coffee shop in the area?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:31 PM
m22

139 posts, read 586,382 times
Clothesline cleaners just took down their sign in that shopping center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio