Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 01:47 PM

436 posts, read 1,618,185 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have info or a link to plans for the I-10 constrcution between Camp Bullis and Boerne Stage? I would love to know what the master plan is (besides adding some lanes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 02:52 PM

9,857 posts, read 13,799,554 times
I don't have one, but I would like to let everyone know it took me an hour to get from De Zavala to La Cantera last Saturday. It was my fault I forgot the lanes were closed. But still! It was a mess!

I didn't know there were more lanes involved, I just thought it was part of that bridge construction by the Dominion.

Well, I guess I was kind of right IH-10 and Loop 410 Closures Set For This Weekend (Last Weekend)

Old 11-18-2008, 03:04 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,756,795 times
Moderator cut: off topic

I do agree with your sentiment though. Traffic is a pain, but I just back from Dallas and Austin via I35 and I love SA traffic now!

Last edited by Bo; 11-18-2008 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: off-topic comment

Old 11-21-2008, 09:00 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,188,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needsomeinfo View Post
Does anyone have info or a link to plans for the I-10 constrcution between Camp Bullis and Boerne Stage? I would love to know what the master plan is (besides adding some lanes).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I didn't know there were more lanes involved, I just thought it was part of that bridge construction by the Dominion.
The Camp Bullis and Dominion projects are actually two seperate projects. There are no new lanes on I-10 as part of either project.

The Dominion project obviously is to build the overpasses there. The Camp Bullis project is to rebuild the overpasses at I-10, add turnarounds, and change the frontage roads to one-way operation up to the new Dominion overpasses. Both projects are designed to accomodate future lanes on I-10, but neither project actually will add them at this time. A complete corridor plan for I-10 from 1604 to Boerne is currently being designed.

I have the plans for I-10/Camp Bullis on my site; DM me if you need the link.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:04 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,432,351 times
Hi All, I had a previous post on here "San Diego to Tampa" and would like to know if the I-10 is under some sort of construction. We will be leaving after Thanksgiving and don't want to have to get off the 10 and not know where I'm going.
Thanks.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:54 PM

657 posts, read 1,943,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Hi All, I had a previous post on here "San Diego to Tampa" and would like to know if the I-10 is under some sort of construction. We will be leaving after Thanksgiving and don't want to have to get off the 10 and not know where I'm going.
Thanks.
There is some construction on the North side as you come into San Antonio. If you do not pass though around 7-10am it should not be a problem.

Do look at the detailed insert on a State Highway map for San Antonio, and pay attention to the signs. You will have to take an exit ramp to stay on I-10 near downtown. Otherwise you will end up on I-35 to Laredo.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:26 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,188,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Thanks.
In the SA area, I-10 is under construction from MM 551 to 556 (northwest of SA) and from MM 581 to 583 (east of SA). There are no road closures scheduled for Thanksgiving or the following weekend. Provided there are no accidents, you should have minimal delays, if any.

I-10 is down to one lane over the Guadalupe River in Seguin. That may cause some significant delays.

TxDOT has all road conditions available on their website at
Road Conditions Map Disclaimer

Old 11-23-2008, 10:54 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,022,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
In the SA area, I-10 is under construction from MM 551 to 556 (northwest of SA) and from MM 581 to 583 (east of SA). There are no road closures scheduled for Thanksgiving or the following weekend. Provided there are no accidents, you should have minimal delays, if any.

I-10 is down to one lane over the Guadalupe River in Seguin. That may cause some significant delays.

TxDOT has all road conditions available on their website at
Road Conditions Map Disclaimer
The one lane in Seguin closure will only affect you if you are going I-10 westbound. On a normal day their are little to no delays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio