Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:39 AM

1 posts, read 6,961 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I am in the process of re-locating to San Antonio. Does anyone know anything about the El Dorado subdivision? I have checked the zip code for crime information, did not see a lot.
(Perring/Beitel/Bespero/Capotillo Perring Beitel & Thousand Oaks)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 01:17 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,292,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eledgel View Post
Hello!
I am in the process of re-locating to San Antonio. Does anyone know anything about the El Dorado subdivision? I have checked the zip code for crime information, did not see a lot.

Thanks!

I grew up near there and had friends in El Dorado. I lived in High Country (off of O'Connor... or Judson, can't remember! LOL!) and El Dorado was more expensive and a bit "nicer". It was considered a good area then... of course this was all 18 years ago so who knows how things are now!

Have you searched the MySA crime database? You can search by street. It seems to be much more useful.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:00 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,438,492 times
El dorado isn't as nice as it once was, the area around it is full of half dead 70's strip centers. It's location is a plus concerning freeway access, but other than that there are much more desirable places to live.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:55 PM

20 posts, read 55,572 times
Cool El Darado

Nice area, family oriented, mixed ages, good schools convient ammenities. If you need a realtor I recommed [Mod cut: please contact per DM]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eledgel View Post
Hello!

Thanks!

Last edited by elnina; 09-29-2018 at 08:51 PM..

Old 03-18-2008, 04:54 PM

759 posts, read 3,689,043 times
I know nothing about it, but I used to lifeguard there!!!!! Many years ago It was a nice little community back then.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:48 AM

2 posts, read 2,244 times
El Dorado is an aging subdivision with many 1600-1900 square foot homes, generally 3-4 beds. Many homes have significant foundation problems, so be aware of possible damage to plumbing from a home that was not kept up. (The REAL cost of foundation issues!) The neighborhood is nice with a voluntary HOA and a neighborhood pool with a diving board. The crime rate in El Dorado is one of lowest in the entire city. It's location is ideal for avoiding traffic and short morning commutes. Going to 151 is 30 minutes, the medical center is 30 minutes away, and heading north on 35 in the morning is extremely easy. The vast majority of traffic is flowing the opposite way, coming from Schertz, Alamo Ranch, Leon Springs, and Sonterra. The homes are affordable and easily renovated.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:22 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,829,912 times
At their price point, I think you'd have a hard time finding a better all-around deal. As noted watch for foundation issues, but other than that I think you'll be fine. We lived in that subdivision before building in New Braunfels, and we had good neighbors with no issues. It's not the glitzy area of town - but neither are the home prices, and there's lots of small businesses around to patronize.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:59 AM

9,849 posts, read 13,690,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
At their price point, I think you'd have a hard time finding a better all-around deal. As noted watch for foundation issues, but other than that I think you'll be fine. We lived in that subdivision before building in New Braunfels, and we had good neighbors with no issues. It's not the glitzy area of town - but neither are the home prices, and there's lots of small businesses around to patronize.
11 years ago? I think OP has made a decision by now.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:31 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,829,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
11 years ago? I think OP has made a decision by now.
Some people take longer to make a decision.....lol

Didn't even notice it was an old thread with a newer reply.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:34 PM

267 posts, read 1,123,145 times
I know that this an old thread, but what is the El Dorado neighborhood like these days? I'm looking for a place that won't be a bad commute to Ft Sam, and also won't break the bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio