Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:27 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,062,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Really, everything....the only issue is if you have no need to buy in bulk, it is in much greater quanties than we need for most stuff.

I will buy produce, and some others (TP, Paper Towels, Kleenex, laundry soap) there, but don't need 24 cans of greenbeans or soup or a case of sodas. Again, LOVE Costco and spend enough there that the Executive membership pays us, but then again we go there almost every other weekend for the Sea Food Road Show and buy several pounds of King Crab Legs or shrimp or lobster. Now that our youngest is in Bootcamp (and that boy could EAT) we are really trying to watch and buy responsibly...hard to do after feeding a houseful kiddos for so many years...I am still in "cook for the neighborhood" mode.

Paka,

How does the seafood prices compare to HEB? I bought catfish filets at HEB Plus on Blanco for about $7 per pound and they were only $ 5 a pd at the Evans rd store. I guess people who live on that side of Stone Oak don't mind getting ripped off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 04:28 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,474,727 times
Leapyears better...PROMISE! Their King Crab legs are the biggest I have seen for sale, and normally pay under $9.99 per lb. HUGE suckers and worth the work to enjoy them!!!

Always tasty, and here is a tip for those of you that like Crab...make your normal drawn butter with fresh squeezed garlic AND tabasco sauce....YUMMYYYYYYYYYYY!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:34 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,010,944 times
Quote:
Yes and no. The meat at Costco can't be beat, and if you are shopping in bulk, Costco is WONDERFUL!!! However, the "impulsive buyer" aspect of Costco is MUCH higher for this broad than HEB's is...and that can get expensive.

If there were one closer, I would buy all my meat and produce at Costco...it is that good.
Quote:
Really, everything....the only issue is if you have no need to buy in bulk, it is in much greater quanties than we need for most stuff.

I will buy produce, and some others (TP, Paper Towels, Kleenex, laundry soap) there, but don't need 24 cans of greenbeans or soup or a case of sodas. Again, LOVE Costco and spend enough there that the Executive membership pays us, but then again we go there almost every other weekend for the Sea Food Road Show and buy several pounds of King Crab Legs or shrimp or lobster. Now that our youngest is in Bootcamp (and that boy could EAT) we are really trying to watch and buy responsibly...hard to do after feeding a houseful kiddos for so many years...I am still in "cook for the neighborhood" mode.
Look who decided to show back up.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:41 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,474,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Look who decided to show back up.
Hey, was in Vegas for a while...a girl deserves a little vacation every once in a while, right??? LOL

Old 05-27-2008, 05:55 PM

796 posts, read 3,052,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Paka,

I guess people who live on that side of Stone Oak don't mind getting ripped off
My dad mentioned the price difference when we were at that same HEB Plus. He goes to the one in Valley Hi. I may have to get the stuff at his HEB when we go visit him.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:16 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,217,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Paka,

How does the seafood prices compare to HEB? I bought catfish filets at HEB Plus on Blanco for about $7 per pound and they were only $ 5 a pd at the Evans rd store. I guess people who live on that side of Stone Oak don't mind getting ripped off

You can't compare price only. The quality of Costco's stuff is great. You may pay a little more for the seafood but it will be oh so much better than the stuff you get at HEB.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:36 AM

81 posts, read 260,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
You can't compare price only. The quality of Costco's stuff is great. You may pay a little more for the seafood but it will be oh so much better than the stuff you get at HEB.
That's true. The last trip I was there I looked at the steaks and said, "Those look like roasts instead of steaks!" because the steaks were so thick. They were easily 2 inches thick.

And I'm sold, I'm going to get a Costco card.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:48 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,544,510 times
We just got a Costco card about 4 months ago and I really enjoy shopping there. You need to go in with a plan or else you could be in trouble, but like everyone is saying, the steaks and seafood can't be beat! Last trip, we purchased halibut that was the best fish I have ever tasted.

Anyone had experience with buying cameras or computer stuff from Costco?

Old 05-28-2008, 07:54 AM

50 posts, read 271,093 times
Not cameras or computer stuff, but I did buy a T.V. because they automatically add a 2 year service plan to it, beats paying $150+ for one somewhere else. I know that they don't do that with cameras (my friend found that out the hard way). Not sure if they do that with computers but I would definitely double check.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:59 AM

81 posts, read 260,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
Anyone had experience with buying cameras or computer stuff from Costco?
My cousin bought this Kodak at Costco a couple of weeks ago and she loves it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio