Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2019, 03:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,539 times

Advertisements

My family would like to move the Helotes, TX area soon. I have a 3 and 9 year old. I am currently homeschooling them but I will work full time upon moving. I have no childcare at the moment. I am wondering if people can give the best school or other place for my kids with the following conditions:

1. Holy spirit filled Christian environment. It can be non-Christian, like Montessori but needs to be a place of respect, no sexuality taught, parental control, a safe, peaceful place that doesn't promote other religions etc. Will consider non-Christian because I do not belong to a church and often this is required. Might go to one eventually but not right now. I'm a busy single parent and don't have time for such things. Neither will I submit to an organization's authority. I answer to God only.

2. Children will be non-vaccinated and have exemptions. School has to be friendly towards this and not give me lectures. I also would prefer medical exams not to be forced either as we don't believe in these things but children are healthy and can see/hear just fine.

3. Needs to be a good school. Children are intelligent and gifted.

4. Needs to be highly rated, safe, prefer below $5000 a year for one child but will consider higher.

5. I would like both to be in the same school which I know is rare but that's why I am asking.

6. would also consider homeschooling groups or babysitters that will also teach my children in a safe environment.

7. Prefer a place that serves healthy foods w/o GMO's, hydrogentated oils, artificial flavors, MSG, and the like.

8. 3 year old is still being potty trained. Need to accept that.

That's all I remember now. Thanks for ideas! (Can branch out a small bit from 78023, but prefer close by).

Blessings!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 05:23 PM

52 posts, read 54,024 times
Good luck.

Old 12-24-2019, 07:12 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,507,150 times
Dang...my parents requirements were... which one is closest to the house? lol.
How times have changed.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:09 PM

952 posts, read 2,636,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowdaddy View Post
Good luck.
lol right.

Old 12-25-2019, 09:35 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,065,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowdaddy View Post
Good luck.

I third that..good luck finding even half of that. Maybe Austin? lol

Old 12-28-2019, 08:32 PM

114 posts, read 161,414 times
I know Marvelously Made is very highly rated preschool in Helotes, but I don't know the upper age range and I think it's only half day. Classical Conversations meets at First Baptist Church, but I don't know if other adults may take your kids. Based on your requirements, I think you'll have a difficult time finding something to fit all your requirements in or near 78023. I'm not familiar with the homeschool laws in Texas, but are others allowed to teach your child in your stead?

Another option might be Cornerstone Christian School. I believe they're quite expensive, but may offer scholarships. I have no idea what their denomination requirement is, but it looks like a large school, so they may accept students from other churches. (I don't even know if the school has a church associated with it.) However, it's at 1604 and Camp Bullis, so not particularly close to Helotes.

It sounds like this may be a difficult transition for you and your kids. The shift from homeschooling to another kind of school (public or private) can be tough, especially if you've been home with them. You may need to prioritize your list to look for a school that fits your top few needs. I wish you much luck in finding what you're looking for!

Old 12-29-2019, 12:13 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,563,228 times
Going to keep my opinions about your requirements to myself, but...

Under $5000 per year? No way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: