Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 05:53 AM

61,735 posts, read 87,172,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_1 View Post
Hello everyone �� i just got here from Uvalde, Texas...probably the worst place i have ever lived in and the one place i will avoid with my dear life! it feels great to get back to civilization once again and just maybe within a year i will be heading back to Los Angrles, my home town. i hate the climate here and will never get used to it. i love the nature Texas has to offer but that is all i like here in Texas ohh and it's nice clean air. I miss everything about L.A , the real Mexican food and NOT TEX-WAKALA food! The music and i do hate TEJANO and it's 3 rithyms for all songs ��! i can not stand people not speaking proper English and here i hear it and see it all around me, starting with BEXAR county being improperly pronounced ( BEAR COUNTY) O.M.G! REALLY?
Hi Rob, can we help you with something?
Would you please tell us how to properly pronounce Bexar (county)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 06:52 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,583,099 times
Maybe he should be asking how people pronounce Cahuenga Pass and La Jolla. For those of you who have never lived in California, they are pronounce: (Ca-Wayn-Ga and La Joya) which I'm sure are the correct Spanish pronunciations. Los Angeles has no lack of Spanish names, actually pretty much every third or fourth street name you see in LA is of Spanish origin. He must hang out in Beverly Hills on Rodeo (pronounced Ro-Day-O).

Old 05-30-2019, 12:56 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,433,133 times
Quote:
TEX-WAKALA food
??? Just what, exactly, is that supposed to mean? We call it Tex-Mex, and it's more Texan than Mexican.

You can move back to smog-ridden LA anytime now, kiddo. We won't miss you.

Old 05-30-2019, 10:27 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,618,169 times
Quote:
Hello everyone 🙃 i just got here from Uvalde, Texas...probably the worst place i have ever lived in and the one place i will avoid with my dear life! it feels great to get back to civilization once again and just maybe within a year i will be heading back to Los Angrles, my home town. i hate the climate here and will never get used to it. i love the nature Texas has to offer but that is all i like here in Texas ohh and it's nice clean air. I miss everything about L.A , the real Mexican food and NOT TEX-WAKALA food! The music and i do hate TEJANO and it's 3 rithyms for all songs 😂! i can not stand people not speaking proper English and here i hear it and see it all around me, starting with BEXAR county being improperly pronounced ( BEAR COUNTY) O.M.G! REALLY?
Pot, meet kettle. You might want to proofread your posts, especially ones where you are complaining about people not using "proper English".

Old 07-19-2019, 08:53 AM

30 posts, read 29,755 times
Quote:
Hello everyone 🙃 i just got here from Uvalde, Texas...probably the worst place i have ever lived in and the one place i will avoid with my dear life! it feels great to get back to civilization once again and just maybe within a year i will be heading back to Los Angrles, my home town. i hate the climate here and will never get used to it. i love the nature Texas has to offer but that is all i like here in Texas ohh and it's nice clean air. I miss everything about L.A , the real Mexican food and NOT TEX-WAKALA food! The music and i do hate TEJANO and it's 3 rithyms for all songs 😂! i can not stand people not speaking proper English and here i hear it and see it all around me, starting with BEXAR county being improperly pronounced ( BEAR COUNTY) O.M.G! REALLY?
And you think they speak proper English in LA? You have got to be kidding. One segment of the LA population is so far out of touch with reality due to the fact that their dreamlike, made for Hollywood life is not anything like what everyone else lives every day. Texans will not miss you anyway. You sound like a stereotypical stuck up Californian. I guess you think you must have the better class Hispanics in California they way you talk about their culture here. Sorry, I have lived in both California and Texas and will take the people, no matter their culture, in Texas over any in California. This white guy appreciates they culture of and the Hispanic people in Texas. I live in an even more Tex-Mex or Hispanic area of Texas than either San Antonio or Los Angelos, and the people that live here impress me every day. I love it here. I live right along the border in the RGV. The only thing missing is a reasonably sized lake to fish in. Yes, I know about Lake Falcon but not getting shot at from across the border. It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio