Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 PM

265 posts, read 538,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashcall View Post
We do need reasonable price fish restaurant in San Antonio. I have been to Landry. It is overpriced and the fish is not good. I have been to Bayseas. They are not bad.
Try Rudy's Seafood on S. Flores. In my experience their food has always been fresh and always good, at a very reasonable cost. My personal favorite is the '6 and 6' which is consists of a platter of fish (supposedly 6 filets, but typically 10+) 6(+) shrimp, a plate full of fries, bread, cole slaw, tartar sauce, habanero peppers, and lemons for less than $20.00 it easily feeds 3-4 people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,070,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
yes

and tomorrow they will have the bake bus there giving out free pizza!
What is this "bake bus" you speak of? What time shall it be there, presumably in the rain? I like free pizza that doesn't give me diarrhea.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:04 PM

5,646 posts, read 6,614,191 times
It is now 1:03 pm. Guess we miss out on the free pizza at the "bake bus". :-(

Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,083,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
What is this "bake bus" you speak of? What time shall it be there, presumably in the rain? I like free pizza that doesn't give me diarrhea.
Just reporting what their facebook said...was going to go but my car has been in the shop all day

Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 PM

Mona Lisa's Gourmet Pizzeria will be opening really soon. Its located in the same building that houses Habaneros and Tiagos at the Rim.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,344,307 times
According to mysa.com food flashes - Roaring Fork is closing to be remodeled as a sports bar. Boring - plenty of those around.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
According to mysa.com food flashes - Roaring Fork is closing to be remodeled as a sports bar. Boring - plenty of those around.
yup its already been posted
https://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...nings-297.html

Old 01-10-2013, 01:41 PM

915 posts, read 1,912,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
I can't think of 1 high quality sports bar here. We have national chains, glorified pool halls, and some local bars/pubs that happen to show sports. Nothing like some the options in some other cities i've lived.

I'm not endorsing cover 3, but I have heard positive reviews on the Austin location.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:47 PM

580 posts, read 1,434,244 times
Anyone have any info on what's going in at The Foundry, over on McCullough by Monte Vista? I heard a long time ago that it was supposed to be an "interesting" pizza/pub affiliated with the folks over at The Monterey, but I'm not sure about that. Either way, they've definitely started remodeling the space intensively over the past few weeks. (Calling Benjamin Nicholas for more info!)

Incidentally, I've heard that the old Web House space on Woodlawn and St. Mary's will become "The Faust Tavern," also a bar/pizza joint. I imagine that they'll cater more to the St. Mary's indie/rock n' roll crowd, especially as Hi-Tones folks are behind it.

One more: La Bikina on St. Mary's now has horrible stickers and painting all over it proclaiming its new identity as "Club 3000." Any info? It doesn't look good.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
Anyone have any info on what's going in at The Foundry, over on McCullough by Monte Vista? I heard a long time ago that it was supposed to be an "interesting" pizza/pub affiliated with the folks over at The Monterey, but I'm not sure about that. Either way, they've definitely started remodeling the space intensively over the past few weeks. (Calling Benjamin Nicholas for more info!)

Incidentally, I've heard that the old Web House space on Woodlawn and St. Mary's will become "The Faust Tavern," also a bar/pizza joint. I imagine that they'll cater more to the St. Mary's indie/rock n' roll crowd, especially as Hi-Tones folks are behind it.

One more: La Bikina on St. Mary's now has horrible stickers and painting all over it proclaiming its new identity as "Club 3000." Any info? It doesn't look good.
--Heard the samething...probably real expensive pizza

--any relations to the one in New Braufels?

--more info on club3000
https://www.facebook.com/club3000sa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio