Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,466,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Main Event, 1604/281 is now open. An entertainment and eating establishment. They advertise laser tag, bowling, arcade games, billiards, etc. Haven't tried it out yet, but the parking lot was full tonight at 9:30 m.

San Antonio Bowling, Laser Tag, Billiards, Rock Climbing, Glow Golf, Laser Tag, Gravity Ropes and more!
Thanks for posting I was wondering what that was, now dont have to stop and look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,561 times
Does anyone know what happened to Ciao Lavanderia on Olmos Drive? My family and I ate there for years and they suddenly closed their doors. I ended up finding their blog that gave a one day's notice that they were closing. Strange...

Old 04-29-2012, 07:33 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,766,039 times
Chicken & Waffles @ Jim's ....lol
Attached Thumbnails
San Antonio Area - New Restaurant Openings -and- Restaurant Closings-chickenwaffles.jpg  

Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,255,096 times
I read in the Express-News last week that El Bucanero temporarily closed its original location on W.W. White Rd. and installed all of the staff who worked there at the new location on Blanco to get it up and running. Hopefully the permanent staff who take over after the original staff go back to the original store can keep up the levels of food and service that Soviet experienced.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:09 AM

431 posts, read 1,209,241 times
I went to El Bucanero last week, as well. It was after 9pm...so not too busy. Our waitress had just started there that day, but still offered prompt and friendly service. She wasn't completely knowledgeable on the menu items yet--I asked her to tell me how the Enchiladas de Camarones (shrimp enchiladas) were prepared, and she had to ask someone else. When she came back and described the dish, she simply said they had a Ranchero sauce on them. SO GLAD I decided to get them anyways...they were the most amazing shrimp enchiladas I have ever had. Way more than just ranchero sauce on them! So much flavor. Craving them right now at 10am.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:17 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,068,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
I went to El Bucanero last week, as well. It was after 9pm...so not too busy. Our waitress had just started there that day, but still offered prompt and friendly service. She wasn't completely knowledgeable on the menu items yet--I asked her to tell me how the Enchiladas de Camarones (shrimp enchiladas) were prepared, and she had to ask someone else. When she came back and described the dish, she simply said they had a Ranchero sauce on them. SO GLAD I decided to get them anyways...they were the most amazing shrimp enchiladas I have ever had. Way more than just ranchero sauce on them! So much flavor. Craving them right now at 10am.
Good thing they open at 11! I'm going over there then for breakfast since I didn't have any Mexican food in NYC.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:38 AM

4 posts, read 7,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
I remember back in the early 90's it was called I think the country inn restaurant and it was a family owned place, very good food. Then in the last 5 years here is what I remember- Matisse, el callejon, martha's, and now majadera. I may be missing something.
The original restauraunt was called Hunter's Inn and was owned by the Herman Family until Mr. Herman Died. The family also owned the property behind the restauraunt where Roaring 20's used to be.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:55 PM

501 posts, read 783,133 times
Originally Posted by Willsatx
I remember back in the early 90's it was called I think the country inn restaurant and it was a family owned place, very good food. Then in the last 5 years here is what I remember- Matisse, el callejon, martha's, and now majadera. I may be missing something.
Seem to recall it being an Argentine themed steak place before it was Matisse. When did Hunter's Inn close?

Old 05-05-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimeZak View Post
The original restauraunt was called Hunter's Inn and was owned by the Herman Family until Mr. Herman Died. The family also owned the property behind the restauraunt where Roaring 20's used to be.
Wow i did not know he died, if I recall his kids worked there also. I would say it closed maybe in the mid 90's?

Old 05-05-2012, 07:12 PM

Just saw online that it closed in 1993.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio