Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 11:11 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,843,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I'm headed to San Diego in July and was really looking forward to trying an In n Out.....now I might as well just go to Dallas and get one. I don't see why we need it here. God knows we don't!
We don't need it here. I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 11:18 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,070,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
We don't need it here. I agree.
I wholeheartedly disagree. I just ate at In 'n' Out a few days ago in Silicon Valley. It is GREAT food. Have you had the fries? They are absolutely amazing. I'm dead serious. In 'n' Out, if they keep their California recipes in Texas, will be a hit with more than just ex/semi-Californians like me.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:37 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,843,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree. I just ate at In 'n' Out a few days ago in Silicon Valley. It is GREAT food. Have you had the fries? They are absolutely amazing. I'm dead serious. In 'n' Out, if they keep their California recipes in Texas, will be a hit with more than just ex/semi-Californians like me.
Ok ok...I was being selfish. I was only speaking for myself because it is a threat to my success at eating out while being healthy in this town which is hard to do.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Ok ok...I was being selfish. I was only speaking for myself because it is a threat to my success at eating out while being healthy in this town which is hard to do.
Ahhh, hahahhahaha!! I didn't realize that at all, thanks for clarifying! no joke, though, their fries are healthier and tastier than others'. If you have to choose the lesser of two evils, In 'n' Out shall definitely be the lesser!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:47 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,836,809 times
Quote:
I know this is getting off-topic, but you call I&O 'great' food?

Are you serious? Really?

I mean, truly great meals for me are those I've had in places like the Marais in Paris, The Solyanka Club in Moscow or a little hole-in-the-wall rodizio in Rio, but a burger and fries in a bathroom-white dining room? I'm not so sure. I'm sorry if this comes across as totally elitist, but fast food, no matter what the allure or legend, is still just fast food.

We don't need I&O here and trust me when I say that they will take the problems of Krystal and Krispy Kreme into consideration when expanding further than just Dallas. I'm sure we will eventually 'get it,' but by that time I'm sure yet another chain will announce their ground-breaking in San Antonio and steal some thunder.

Perhaps the trifecta of Disney, I&O and IKEA might happen after all. If that happens, I fully expect to see lions eating Christians again.

BN

Old 03-28-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
I know this is getting off-topic, but you call I&O 'great' food?

Are you serious? Really?

I mean, truly great meals for me are those I've had in places like the Marais in Paris, The Solyanka Club in Moscow or a little hole-in-the-wall rodizio in Rio, but a burger and fries in a bathroom-white dining room? I'm not so sure. I'm sorry if this comes across as totally elitist, but fast food, no matter what the allure or legend, is still just fast food.

We don't need I&O here and trust me when I say that they will take the problems of Krystal and Krispy Kreme into consideration when expanding further than just Dallas. I'm sure we will eventually 'get it,' but by that time I'm sure yet another chain will announce their ground-breaking in San Antonio and steal some thunder.

Perhaps the trifecta of Disney, I&O and IKEA might happen after all. If that happens, I fully expect to see lions eating Christians again.

BN

Thanks for mentioning the Solyanka in Moscow, although I prefer Restoran Uzbekistan and Ne Dalniy Vostok. Those are GREAT meals, yes.

But we are talking about freakin' burgers and fries here. And as far as they go, In 'n' Out does 'em pretty damn well. Have you even HAD I & O? I imagine you have and you know it's better than many FF places.

I think you just read too much into what I was saying, that's all. You are hereby (mostly) forgiven for that egregious error!

Old 03-29-2011, 12:02 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,836,809 times
Quote:

Thanks for mentioning the Solyanka in Moscow, although I prefer Restoran Uzbekistan and Ne Dalniy Vostok. Those are GREAT meals, yes.

But we are talking about freakin' burgers and fries here. And as far as they go, In 'n' Out does 'em pretty damn well. Have you even HAD I & O? I imagine you have and you know it's better than many FF places.

I think you just read too much into what I was saying, that's all. You are hereby (mostly) forgiven for that egregious error!
*grin* I love how you replied to me. Instead of making this a fight, you kept it cool. Thank you.

I do agree that I&O are good for what they offer. Can't deny that. I do like that you can call it how you want it cooked. That's original for a fast food joint. That being said, if we're talking burgers, I'd head to Armadillos on Evergreen any day over I&O. SA is a tough town when it comes to opening a burger spot and staying open. Luckily for I&O, they've got name-recognition and a massive ad budget.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Only time will tell.

BN

Old 03-29-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
*grin* I love how you replied to me. Instead of making this a fight, you kept it cool. Thank you.

I do agree that I&O are good for what they offer. Can't deny that. I do like that you can call it how you want it cooked. That's original for a fast food joint. That being said, if we're talking burgers, I'd head to Armadillos on Evergreen any day over I&O. SA is a tough town when it comes to opening a burger spot and staying open. Luckily for I&O, they've got name-recognition and a massive ad budget.

BN

Haha. All the antagonism that we constantly encounter on this site getting to ya? EXPECTING a fight from a Russian like me, eh? Not a chance!

I get the argument about SA being oversaturated with trans fats and the fast food restaurants that peddle them, but in a marketplace like this, I & O would probably do well, possibly at the expense of some of the other places. I will DEFINITELY go a few minutes out of my way to go there instead of Sonic or Burger King or *shudder* McDonald's.

'dillo's & Chris Madrid's are great, but they're too far out of the way for some people to regularly hit up, aka loser North-Siders like me So if they put an In 'n ' Out up here, it'll be welcomed, not ridiculed.

Like you said, though, only time will tell. And in the time it may be here, I shall gladly stuff my face with an Animal style double double, fries and a shake.

Last edited by Soviet; 03-29-2011 at 12:29 AM..

Old 03-29-2011, 06:55 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,163,343 times
Everyone got so excited about five guys, and smashburger, and now we have them. I am not impressed with either. I'm sure there are tons of fans of both, but give me a fuddruckers, a Texas Hamburger Company, an Armadillos, or a bobby j's over either if them, any day. I just think it takes away from the specialness of things if you can get them everywhere. You can't get Chicago pizza here any more than you can get good tex-mex in Chicago. Yes, there are attempts but it is NOT THE SAME!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:50 AM

490 posts, read 1,099,012 times
Quote:

I do agree that I&O are good for what they offer. Can't deny that.

BN
To me, I&O is to the West what Whataburger is to Texas. I think the simplicity of I&O's menu somehow makes people think it is better than it is.

For me, a fast food burger is indiactive of a road trip, crazy day or a hangover--none of which, thankfully, happen very often.

Given a choice in the genre, I'd take Whataburger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio