Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 10:31 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,509,145 times

Advertisements

This forum looks down on anything in 78217, but the only part I would avoid is Perrin Beitel and 410. Cumulatively, I lived in a few apartments on or right off of Nacogdoches for six years. While I didn't like all the apartments due to management and maintenance issues, I felt comfortable walking at night. I was a couple of minutes away from 78209 and a few minutes away from Alamo Heights when I lived near Naco and 410. I was closer to McAllister when I lived near Naco and Wurzbach Pkwy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 11:02 PM

62,032 posts, read 87,741,405 times
Did OP mentioned her budget?

Old 04-10-2017, 12:07 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,446,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniver17 View Post
Hi,

I am relocating to SA later this year. I used to live in San Antonio back in the 90's and know that the city has changed so much since then. Everything I have read recommends buying in the North/NW area but want to hear from people who live in the city.

I want a smaller house in a great neighborhood near gyms, shops etc. It is just me and my dog! I don't care about school systems so that should help.

Thanks for any neighborhood/zip-code recommendations.
What is your budget,OP?

Old 04-10-2017, 07:26 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,574,663 times
I'd highly recommend not buying anything until you've lived here at least 6 months to a year. You may find yourself stuck with a house in a location you're not thrilled about. Rent first, esp, if schools are not an issue.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:39 PM

9 posts, read 6,942 times
Hi all,

My budget is up to 250K, but I want a smaller house so will likely find something below that amount. I do not want a huge house nor a huge yard. 1100-1300 square feet with a small, decent yard would be enough.

I thought about renting, but I have a little pit bull (35 pounds) and I am not willing to be without her. I will buy a house for her to have somewhere she can live. Landlords typically have breed restrictions even though my girl is a love bug.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:46 PM

9,855 posts, read 13,757,377 times
Quote:
Hi all,

My budget is up to 250K, but I want a smaller house so will likely find something below that amount. I do not want a huge house nor a huge yard. 1100-1300 square feet with a small, decent yard would be enough.

I thought about renting, but I have a little pit bull (35 pounds) and I am not willing to be without her. I will buy a house for her to have somewhere she can live. Landlords typically have breed restrictions even though my girl is a love bug.
My family found a home to rent with a rottweiler and four cats with the help of a realtor. Don't underestimate the power of a realtor. You may find that the area you buy in isn't what you want. Happened to me in Austin and if I moved back to SA I'd have a hard time deciding where I wanted to live based on my expectations of my current home.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:44 PM

4,446 posts, read 5,370,869 times
78232 is great! Moved here about 2 years ago and while I work by 151/1604 area I could never live out there due to proximity to family and downtown.

I can be to the Pearl in under 15 minutes most trips and enjoy all that Stone Oak offers (included WF) in less than 10.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
78232 is great! Moved here about 2 years ago and while I work by 151/1604 area I could never live out there due to proximity to family and downtown.

I can be to the Pearl in under 15 minutes most trips and enjoy all that Stone Oak offers (included WF) in less than 10.
Thank you - I really appreciate the feedback.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
My family found a home to rent with a rottweiler and four cats with the help of a realtor. Don't underestimate the power of a realtor. You may find that the area you buy in isn't what you want. Happened to me in Austin and if I moved back to SA I'd have a hard time deciding where I wanted to live based on my expectations of my current home.
Good point- I will look in to a realtor. A rottweiler and 4 cats in a rental - that's awesome. Gives me hope. Thank you.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:27 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,509,145 times
Quote:
Good point- I will look in to a realtor. A rottweiler and 4 cats in a rental - that's awesome. Gives me hope. Thank you.
You can save time by just looking at Roscoe Properties. If apartment locators in San Antonio are anything like they are in Austin, they will only recommend Roscoe Properties 99% of the time. A lot of realtor and apartment locator companies have locations in Austin and San Antonio, so there shouldn't be much of a difference. You can just go to the Roscoe Properties website and see all the locations they have in San Antonio. Otherwise, use Google. Google will give you more options than most apartment locators.

I've been through this mess with my dog in San Antonio and Austin, so I'm speaking from personal experience. I've lost count of how many apartment locator and realtor companies I've worked with. Some locators will tell you to lie about your dog's breed if you can; you don't need a locator to tell you that. One realtor told me to feed my dog less (starve her until she's underweight for her frame) so that she will be under the weight requirements of a few more complexes. Just to let you know, Roscoe is notorious for bad management.

I recommend MAA over Roscoe. MAA charges a lot of fees, but their managers tend to be more professional than those at Roscoe apartments. Most realtors either won't tell you about MAA apartments or they won't know that MAA has no breed restrictions.

Apartments for Rent in San Antonio, Texas - MAA

It's your lucky day. There is even an MAA complex in the 78232 zip code.

MC Life apartments also have no breed restrictions. That's another company locators don't seem to know about.

http://mclifesanantonio.com/live/

Last edited by L210; 04-11-2017 at 02:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio