Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:37 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,050,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
LOL, geez Saph, you have issues with drug dealers? What is this world coming to?
Me and about 17 other posters on here. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 09:40 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,375,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkinsa View Post
Okay, I know this is old, but some of the replies struck me as so ignorant that I had to join this and respond. Look at the user name of the person initiating this string. It's Kruma. It's not John or Sally. Okay, now look at the ridiculously prejudiced replies to Kruma's post. Duh. -- USAA hires a lot of Indian/foreign contractors. They do damn good work (better than some lazy employees who sit around and gripe about their jobs being in jeopardy). Indian people eat and sleep and shop just like American people. So what if many of these contractors live on or near USAA Blvd. I bet they pay their damn bills ON TIME! I bet they're not sitting on their balconies smoking weed or playing loud music. And I bet they ain't stealing jack! -- Jeez, people, wake up and stop being so ignorant and prejudiced.

By the way, Kruma, you probably already figured it out, but there are many apartments within walking distance of USAA. They're all near bus lines. There are also many good places to shop in town. La Cantera is close and has a large variety. It's pricey, but very popular. North Star Mall is popular, too. And if you get a chance, go downtown. There's River Center Mall, the riverwalk, and and many historic and touristy things to do. Good luck!
Well...your name isn't Sally either, so what do you know? Just kidding....and wanting to lighten things up. BTW - I'm confused on what is "old"....this was your very first post???

First....I think the first question would be BUDGET? Kruma.....most nicer and safer and newer or completely remodeled complexes charge about $1 per square foot per month. So if you are looking for a one bedroom one bath apt....they could run anywhere from 550 sq ft to 1000 sq ft....so that would be about what you'd get for the same money. The newer the nicer, but also run higher. If you find one still under construction they often have move in incentives to fill up occupancy.

Ask how old the property is, who the management company is.....what amenities are included, is it gated.....do they allow pets etc. And check the SAPD police database for crime statistics for any complex you are interested in. Gated communities are not failsafe.....but definitely preferred. If you can afford an attached garage, all the better.

Congrats on your new job at USAA. I have friends that have made wonderful careers working there.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:53 PM

14 posts, read 63,309 times
I found a great apartment not too far from USAA. It's called the Lodge @ Shavano Park. Very quiet, nice, upscale, and not near lots of other apartments. Unfortunately I had to leave my cheating husband Pat who also works at USAA to find these apartments. Life is like that sometimes. But the new life is better especially with a great place to call home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio