Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 10:37 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,021,548 times

Advertisements

I read on another board that Dunn Bros. on Bandera had already closed down. Can anyone confirm? I think I just drove by there the other day and didn't even notice. I guess that might be one of the reasons--kind of an odd location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 10:42 PM

127 posts, read 494,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I read on another board that Dunn Bros. on Bandera had already closed down. Can anyone confirm? I think I just drove by there the other day and didn't even notice. I guess that might be one of the reasons--kind of an odd location.
I saw that too.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:21 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,649 times
I tried their phone number as listed in the white pages and it is disconnected.

I'm not surprised, though. The last time I was in there, I ordered my drink and sat down at a table to get some work done and they turned on the 'roasting machine', a humongous contraption that hadn't been there the last time I'd visited, and which took up a good third of the floor space.

Well, when that thing started going, you couldn't even hear anyone speaking, nor could you concentrate on work or anything else. And, since I did not yet have my coffee order (more than five minutes later, with only three other people in the store), I asked about it and they said it was coming up next. There was only one person behind the counter and the 'owner' was busy with his gargantuan machine.....)

I requested my money back and honestly, when I opened the door and got outside, I realized how truly loud and clanky and droning that stupid machine was.

The coffee beans spun around and around in an open metal vat, and the 'motor' on this thing was deafening.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:33 AM

Here's a posting on the site of

The San Antonio Singles Coffee Meetup GroupThe San Antonio Singles Coffee Meetup Group

The last meetup was on Dec 13, hasn't said anything about closing down YET....

They have photos online from this meetup and in one, you can see the giant exhaust pipe from this crazy coffee roaster. In another, you can see how everyone is crowded into half the room because the roaster takes up the other half.

This is really a shame, because I liked the place prior to the big deafening contraption.

Scroll to the bottom of this site to see info about the meetups. Also notice how the meetup attendance dwindled drastically after the first meeting, then came back up, but still only to SEVEN on the most recent one.....

it's a shame.....

ETA: oops, forgot to add the link:::::: http://coffee.meetup.com/439/?gj=sj2

Last edited by PopsGuysRule; 12-15-2007 at 10:00 AM..

Old 12-15-2007, 09:43 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,706,752 times
I loved their coffee. Are you sure they closed down? I just got an ad in the mail for a free coffee from them.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
I loved their coffee. Are you sure they closed down? I just got an ad in the mail for a free coffee from them.
Well, maybe their phone number just changed, but......

you can swing by and see....

Old 12-15-2007, 09:43 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,021,548 times
No, the website confirms the closing, but it does say "temporarily."

http://www.dunnbros.com/storelocator...location_id=91

Old 12-15-2007, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
No, the website confirms the closing, but it does say "temporarily."

http://www.dunnbros.com/storelocator...location_id=91

Oh Good... HOPEFULLY, it is closed so they can dismantle and remove that humongous clattering bean roasting contraption.......

cause other than that (and slow service last time I was there), I liked the place......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio