Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2007, 03:21 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I guess the new Kohl's store being built on Potranco (on same side as HEB Plus) must be behind as they are using spotlights tonight and bringing in what looks like gravel trucks.
Hey Steel Man...is that new Kohl's a sure thing? I haven't heard or read anything else about Kohl's locating off Potranco. There was an article last year indicating that they were looking to build off 1604 and Military Dr West but I haven't seen anything updated on it lately.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:20 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,138 times
Default Kohl's on Potranco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Hey Steel Man...is that new Kohl's a sure thing? I haven't heard or read anything else about Kohl's locating off Potranco. There was an article last year indicating that they were looking to build off 1604 and Military Dr West but I haven't seen anything updated on it lately.
Don't know if it is a sure thing, but they are working on the site around the clock! Last weekend there was truck after truck going into the site...blocking traffic on Potranco heading east. I believe someone else on the board said this will be a Kohl's and I haven't seen any activity on Military Drive West and Loop 1604 for a long time now.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:33 PM

Default NISD Planned New Schools

Quote:
Found an interesting map from the Northside ISD which foretells the growth planned in far west San Antonio. The new Bond issue for 2007 shows 8 new schools planned for the area from Culebra Rd/FM 471 south past Potranco Rd to the southern limits of the district.

http://bond.nisd.net/pdf/2007/fliers/SchoolsMap.pdf
Am I the only person who thinks that NISD is turning into a big business? They claim that bonds are needed EVERY 3 years to keep up with growth, but at the same time they are spurring on growth by advertising future schools in new subdivisions. Look at the map provided by 940 and you will see numerous examples of proposed Bond 2007 schools. Kallison Ranch ES (just opened up), Alamo Ranch ES & MS (signs were there at the beginning), and Stevens Ranch (not open yet). Is NISD going out and working deals (donated land) with new large subdivisions or is it the large corporations "bribing" NISD with free land if they put proposed new schools in a new bond election?

Just food for thought as many people complain about high property taxes and these every 3-year bonds definitely add to the tax.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:36 PM

314 posts, read 2,539,640 times
Quote:
940, didn't you post this link earlier about Kohl's?

http://cdx.xceligent.com/attachments/548/890548.pdf

Old 01-29-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post

Yeah. That map also shows a Chase Bank at the corner...and lo and behold, there is a Chase Bank sign there now! It works for me!

Old 01-29-2007, 10:01 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post

I did post that some pages back on this thread..however I also prefaced it with this from the same post...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe it shows a Kohl's in that spot near Medio Creek but who knows if that's a given. I always had heard that Kohl's was going further up towards Military Dr West though...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steel Man has mentioned Kohl's again at this particular spot but I still haven't seen anything definitive as I said in the post to him earlier today. I've always had my doubts about it there because all that I read mentioned that it was going in off Military West. I thought maybe he knew something more since he lives in the area and I don't.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
I did post that some pages back on this thread..however I also prefaced it with this from the same post...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe it shows a Kohl's in that spot near Medio Creek but who knows if that's a given. I always had heard that Kohl's was going further up towards Military Dr West though...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steel Man has mentioned Kohl's again at this particular spot but I still haven't seen anything definitive as I said in the post to him earlier today. I've always had my doubts about it there because all that I read mentioned that it was going in off Military West. I thought maybe he knew something more since he lives in the area and I don't.
I doubt if it will be a strip mall as you have one next to HEB Plus and another just down the street near Bill Miller's. Also, there is too much activity going on for it to be a strip mall. Someone is in a big hurry to start building there.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:45 PM

18 posts, read 136,176 times
My wife and i have tried lobbying to get a Willie's Icehouse and Grill out this way, we love that place, the setup for the kids is awesome. Where else can you get good food, basically a free babysitter for awhile and some good Ritas??
If you are a Willie's fan you should email the manager and throw in your 2 cents about how this area would be a great place for another Willie's.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:49 AM

33 posts, read 118,342 times
Default New Poster from Trophy Ridge

Just found this froum recently and have enjoyed all the good information that is here. A word about all that is going on over by the HEB plus at Potanco. My daughter works for Kohl's and she keeps telling us that no one she has talked to believes a Kohl's is going in across from the HEB. She has been told that a Kohl's is supposed to go in at the 410/151 "exchange", but who knows. By the way, saw a new sign for a Wash Tub in the HEB lot. Again, just what we need in this area. Nail places and car washes, but you can't find a decent restaurant unless you get up to Culebra and 1604 or 151/410. Don't we get a say in any of this??

Old 02-03-2007, 08:54 AM

283 posts, read 1,836,017 times
Isn't a Chilis over there?

That is a good place to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio