Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 03:33 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,408,484 times

Advertisements

Thanks for that info Dim and I'm going to research it. I would also appreciate any other info you or anyone else has because this is frustrating. She's a great puppy, but she just can't keep up with the others because she starts wheezing as soon as she gets going. She's been on a steroid for a while and all it seems to do is sorta work for a while and make her MUCH bigger. Her and her sister were virtual twins prior to the steroids and and now she is much bigger and heavier. The latest try was Benadryl pills (the OTC ones humans take) and they don't help much either. She is better than she was in the beginning, but still rubs her eyes and scratches her face to the point of drawing blood sometimes.

and I need to find this 211 highway or whatever it is. Sounds like there's going to be quite a bit out there in the future.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:08 PM

732 posts, read 3,554,212 times
RD2007....

Okay....this may seem WAY out there.....but have you ever considered taking your dog to a chiropractor??????

I know....I know....it sounds completely crazy but....my husband (at his former clinic) used to treat a lot of animals with great success. His current clinic doesn't do that but....there may be some chiros out there who do....if you're interested, I can ask around.... Chiropractic can treat irritation at the nerves that can aggravate allergies etc.

I know it sounds totally flakey.....but alternative medicine really works (on animals, too!)

And, no, I'm not a hippy and I don't drive a VW van! haha.....

Old 02-26-2008, 04:38 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,827,693 times
I've heard of people taking their pets to chiropractors and having pretty good success.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:44 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,465,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
I've heard of people taking their pets to chiropractors and having pretty good success.
Have you ever watched the "Dog Whisperer" on NATGO??? They give them accupuncture! We watched one where a special bomb sniffing dog had got PTSD in combat and they actually got him to where he could go back to work after intensive therapy including accupuncture.

Hey, there HAS to be something to it for it to have been around for 2000+ years, right?

Old 02-26-2008, 04:48 PM

732 posts, read 3,554,212 times
What a relief! I was worried you guys would think I was a total "flake" for suggesting Chiropractic! Thanks for the support.....

The nice thing about chiro is you don't have to worry about the dog not liking needles....they often like the "massage".....

Old 02-26-2008, 05:13 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,827,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Have you ever watched the "Dog Whisperer" on NATGO??? They give them accupuncture! We watched one where a special bomb sniffing dog had got PTSD in combat and they actually got him to where he could go back to work after intensive therapy including accupuncture.

Hey, there HAS to be something to it for it to have been around for 2000+ years, right?
I did see that. Amazing...

You know my mom has suffered from severe back problems for many years. She is very skeptical of anything that's not "traditional medicine". But her doctor suggested accupuncture and she swore it was going to be a waste of money. Well, after 2 treatments, she was virtually pain-free and is now a believer.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:02 PM

35 posts, read 92,522 times
Default Gadzooks

Gadzooks, RD. How long have you lived here? 211 is just down Potranco.

By the way, I finally got to try some Booker's Bourbon. Not bad, but I think I'll syick to Old Grand Dad.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:00 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,408,484 times
ha ha, I didn't even know about Grossenbacher until about 6 months ago..

The alternative ideas sound interesting and I wouldn't dismiss anything (within reason) just because it sounds strange. Now if it came from a hippy driving a VW van.. that would be a different story.. I'm going to give the Potranco clinic one last try and then I think I'll have to get a little more outside the box. It's kinda sad to see a puppy that can't act like a puppy. She tries, but she just can't hang with her sister. Then again I don't think very many things can hang with her sister. That dog has two speeds, 110% and asleep. Totally fearless too. It's funny to see the sick one attack her when she's asleep though. That's pretty much the only chance she has against her.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:31 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,830,596 times
Anyone know anything about that Chicago Bagel + Deli that's in the Dominos strip mall? Caught a glimpse of it as I was making the turn this morning...is it open? Is it good?

Old 03-01-2008, 03:37 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,465,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Anyone know anything about that Chicago Bagel + Deli that's in the Dominos strip mall? Caught a glimpse of it as I was making the turn this morning...is it open? Is it good?
Our son likes it...he stops by often.

For bagels in SA, I LOVE Big Apple Bagels on Fredricksburg Rd...up near the Med Center.

They are AWESOME!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio