Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 PM

693 posts, read 1,505,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRick View Post
You have your opinion and I have mine. My opinion is the go-getters end up moving to the northside, which has been redrawn from 90W, north and around to the other side of 35N, and the freeloaders hang around for the handouts. I'm not saying there aren't freeloaders on the nothside because I know quite a few. I bet you can guess their political affiliation.
As shocking as this may seem I know some Republicans that are freeloaders too. So what's your point? Mayor Castro and Congressman Castro are go-getters and they don't live on the North side.

Last edited by txmusicgal; 04-08-2013 at 11:41 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 11:37 AM

349 posts, read 423,613 times
Castro should be happy. The council can agree 100% it seems that ethics are just recommendations and don't need to be followed.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 AM

624 posts, read 909,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
But... the districts HAVE been redrawn so that they are equal in population. About 16,000 people had to change districts in order to make it work. See 16,000 S.A. voters' districts shifting - San Antonio Express-News
I don't disagree with you that the city tries to have equal population in each district. Single member districts started in the last 1970's the population has exploded since then. The districts are huge in size, case in point district 1 takes in part the westside and goes all the way to the Colonial Hills neighborhood north of 410 off Vance Jackson. Add more council districts there is no cohesion in the way they are currently drawn. There should be a district for the downtown area and one for the westside, eastside, southcentral, southeast etc. More are needed on the northside around five it's the largest area geographically and has the bulk of the population. When it comes to funding projects they should funded where needed regardless of where they are located.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,191,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
This is stupid that he thinks he needs to he "out" his main opponent. Did he forget that city council elections are suppose to be non-partisan? I do agree with you that it will help him get more votes, which is sad. Briones needs to forget about being Republican and do what's best for District 8.
Nirenberg owns the web site The truth about Rolando Briones ... and is using it to point out that the Republican credentials of Briones are not particularly pure, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio