Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 07:07 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,912,202 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for the best breakfast tacos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 07:20 PM

210 posts, read 503,388 times
I'm looking for a place to get an accurate bra sizing! Any help would be appreciated

I've heard VS aren't that good at sizing, thoughts ladies?

Old 02-24-2013, 07:42 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,454,106 times
Neiman-Marcus, took my 85 at the time year old grandmother there to look at good bras and they took the time to fit her and find her two bras that she liked. She's very picky. Although they were about 80-90 bucks a piece they've held up very well and she still wears them 3 years later. Also they salesgirl will bring you and your companion refreshments.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:00 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,978,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchodrive View Post
I have a 1946 pickup with original straight six. Plugs are always fouling up.
I thought it was wrong fuel mixture. Mechanic informed me that todays
gasoline is not quite the same & that was the main cause. He said " if you
want " real gasoline ", go to the airport ". But with all the mandates &
regulations, plus the cost, he wouldn't recommend it and you'll have a hard
time buying it anyway. He said a fuel additive might help some.
I might be reading your post wrong, but it sounds like your mechanic is suggesting you use jet fuel. I was married for 23 years to a professional helicopter pilot and he saved the fuel that they checked daily until there was enough to put in our VW Golf. That Golf however ran on diesel fuel, so I don't think that is what you want to use unless your truck is a diesel. He never put it in our other car that did not take diesel fuel.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:35 PM

265 posts, read 536,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
I might be reading your post wrong, but it sounds like your mechanic is suggesting you use jet fuel. I was married for 23 years to a professional helicopter pilot and he saved the fuel that they checked daily until there was enough to put in our VW Golf. That Golf however ran on diesel fuel, so I don't think that is what you want to use unless your truck is a diesel. He never put it in our other car that did not take diesel fuel.
There is a difference between Jet Propusion fuel (JP3, JP4) and AVGAS. AVGAS is a leaded gasoline- like fuel used in propeller driven aircraft. Gas turbine jets require JP fuel. JP4 is a 50-50 kerosene-gasoline mix.

Vehicles with engines manufactured before 1974 can run (nicely) on avgas, but the legality is questionable.
Newer vehicles with catalytic converters, computers and oxygen sensors will not run well, if at all for long using avgas.

I found this thread interesting: (Hope this helps)

Using Avgas In Your Vehical? — Tech Ops Forum | Airliners.net

Old 02-27-2013, 07:59 AM

6,613 posts, read 7,119,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchodrive View Post
I have a 1946 pickup with original straight six. Plugs are always fouling up.
I thought it was wrong fuel mixture. Mechanic informed me that todays
gasoline is not quite the same & that was the main cause. He said " if you
want " real gasoline ", go to the airport ". But with all the mandates &
regulations, plus the cost, he wouldn't recommend it and you'll have a hard
time buying it anyway. He said a fuel additive might help some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
ranchodrive

I dont know what your mechanic has told you. Your straight six ran on leaded fuel. It also was not designed to run on today's gas that has an alchol/ethenol mixture. You can though mitigate that by using top tier gasolines.

Top Tier Gasoline
Top Tier Gasoline

Keep your fuel fresh as possible. If your truck sits for long periods of time use a fuel additive. If you are not going to drive it in more than a year you might do your self a favor and put it in to storage mode by draining the fuel tank and line as well as the fuel filter. Run the truck dry by removing the fuel filter and letting it stall. Then when you put the truck back into service put a new fuel filter in. Change the oil and oil filter and look at all hoses and belts prior to starting. Also check coolant levels and coolant condition.
There are also additives for sale that will put lead in your fuel but I do not think you need to go to that extreme. The top tier gas should be good enough.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:46 PM

53 posts, read 114,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I'm looking for the best breakfast tacos.
Taco Taco on Hildebrand...named best by Bon Appetite and food network. totally deserving!

Old 02-27-2013, 01:59 PM

73 posts, read 191,371 times
Default Mah Jongg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellviewforever View Post
Does anybody play Mahjongg? Not the solitaire computer game and not the on line game. Real people playing a real game.
Granados Adult and Senior Center at 500 Freiling. I believe they play on Tuesdays at 1 p.m.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:37 AM

52 posts, read 76,449 times
I need to find a recording studio. I have a rock band and am currently looking for one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Old 03-02-2013, 10:56 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,993,113 times
In regards to the pure gas, there isn't any around here. The issue with the old engines is that the lead in the gas was used for an octane booster but more importantly, it provided lubrication to the valve seats. Continued use of unleaded gas will eventually cause the valves to wear the seats and sink deeper into the seats. You'll start losing compression as the valve just can't close completely. I have an F100 with an old FE modded pretty good that I use VP Fuels C5 gas additive. Instead of lead, they use a manganese for the same thing. You'll know it when it hits the carb- yeah, it's that good. Keeps everything nice and clean and I don't have to worry about the valves beating the seats to death. Might give that a try or you could just buy racing fuel of the right octane level for your engine, but that's kinda expensive at 5 bucks a gallon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio