Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,209 times

Advertisements

Hello San Antonio people!

I am planning to move to SA in a month or so, and will have to rent an apartment (or whathaveyou) sight unseen. This is a frightening prospect as you can imagine. So I am soliciting help from the locals (if you would be so kind). Here are some bits of info:

I will be working in the 78234 zip code.

From what I have gleaned online, I would probably prefer to live around Monte Vista or Alamo Heights or the King William area of SouthTown. I like parks, I like artsy communities, I probably wouldn’t mind living downtown so long as I felt like I was relatively safe.

I would like to pay around $700 - $800 per month
I would like to have 800-1000 sqft but don’t really care how many rooms it has
I MUST have an AC that will keep me cool in the heat of your summers
I would greatly prefer hardwood flooring in the living room (fake or real)
I would prefer to have a washer and dryer hookup so I don’t sit in a laundry mat

Cevallos Lofts looks really nice, but the online prices I saw were slightly more than I want to pay and I have read several reviews suggesting that the actually price is much more.

Sunset Ridge looked perfect for me… love the real hardwood floors. But many many people suggest that their air conditioning just can't keep things cool in the heat of summer.

Artisan Creekside, Oakridge apartments, Sutton Oaks and the Lodge on Perrin Creek all look like possibilities… I am emailing them to see if they really do have apartments with carpetless living rooms.

I found absolutely no homes for rent in my price range and meeting the above criteria.

What do you think? Do you have any suggestions for me? I would *really* appreciate it!!!

Last edited by NewSA; 01-22-2013 at 09:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 02:42 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,072,678 times
Unfortunately, looks like you'll have to increase your budget, or make some sacrifices.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,034,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSA View Post
Hello San Antonio people!

I am planning to move to SA in a month or so, and will have to rent an apartment (or whathaveyou) sight unseen. This is a frightening prospect as you can imagine. So I am soliciting help from the locals (if you would be so kind). Here are some bits of info:

I will be working in the 78234 zip code.

From what I have gleaned online, I would probably prefer to live around Monte Vista or Alamo Heights or the King William area of SouthTown. I like parks, I like artsy communities, I probably wouldn’t mind living downtown so long as I felt like I was relatively safe.

I would like to pay around $700 - $800 per month
I would like to have 800-1000 sqft but don’t really care how many rooms it has
I MUST have an AC that will keep me cool in the heat of your summers
I would greatly prefer hardwood flooring in the living room (fake or real)
I would prefer to have a washer and dryer hookup so I don’t sit in a laundry mat

Cevallos Lofts looks really nice, but the online prices I saw were slightly more than I want to pay and I have read several reviews suggesting that the actually price is much more.

Sunset Ridge looked perfect for me… love the real hardwood floors. But many many people suggest that their air conditioning just can't keep things cool in the heat of summer.

Artisan Creekside, Oakridge apartments, Sutton Oaks and the Lodge on Perrin Creek all look like possibilities… I am emailing them to see if they really do have apartments with carpetless living rooms.

I found absolutely no homes for rent in my price range and meeting the above criteria.

What do you think? Do you have any suggestions for me? I would *really* appreciate it!!!
I wish I could help you in this endeavour but you got me on the carpetless thing. Not very many apartments have no carpets in their places. It is much cheaper to tear out an old carpet then to redo a wood floor. There is hope in that you could probably find a duplex in one of the older areas of San Antonio that has wood floors but I am not sure it will fit your 700-800 budget. I know you can get a 2 bedroom apartment with the amenities you listed except for the wood floors. Good luck on your search.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:24 AM

3,503 posts, read 19,954,264 times
Look at New England Village Apts. It has a web site, don't know it off hand. It is just north of Monte Vista and has all your needs.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:39 AM

584 posts, read 1,197,892 times
I had hardwood floors in my apartment eight years ago. It is now called the Retreat I beleive on Wilderness Oak/Canyon Golf Road (78260). Bedrooms had berbur (sp) carpet. It was a nice apartment but of course the workers and the management company seem to have a high turnover but that is part of apartment living. The budget may be above what you are wanting to pay for though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio