Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2007, 07:32 AM

796 posts, read 3,048,579 times

Advertisements

I ordered these for my home (in the process of being built), and they just came out(in stores) this month. I have been to 2 Home Depots and they don't have the display yet. I haven't made it to Conns yet. I was wondering if any of you have seen it in person, and where? Do they look just as nice like they do on the web?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 6,428 times
Default GE Cafe Displaying Dealers

A list of dealer that are displaying the new GE Cafe appliance is located at: http://www.geappliances.com/products/cafe/ge_cafe_dealers.pdf (broken link)

Additional information including specifications, dimensions, and photos can be found at: GE Cafe restaurant inspired appliances: Home

Old 10-01-2007, 07:42 PM

Yes, the website lists the dealers, and I have called. The only one that even has somewhat of a display is Best Buy at San Pedro. The only have the dishwasher, though. Over the weekend, I was able to see the stove and the microwave. ;O) It looks so much better in person! I can't wait.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:48 AM

18 posts, read 62,727 times
I was introduced to the GE upscale equipment by my neighbor, an Army colonel who just returned from another trip to Iraq. He used GE stuff to direct the troops from behind the lines. He won't use anything but GE because they buy the best tech available if they do not already own it. Also, if there is a problem with the new stuff, they will get it fixed. They won't just tell you too bad, especially if you have the latest stuff. They want to know what is wrong and they will fix it on all units. He also introduced me to their Avantapure Water conditioning systems. They are far and away a better unit than anything available in a store and handles his water and mine, it uses very little salt. I am about to add some to my unit to which I last added salt just before July 4th. AvantaPure - Enhancing Home and Health You'll need that to protect all the stainless steel from our hard water.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
I was introduced to the GE upscale equipment by my neighbor, an Army colonel who just returned from another trip to Iraq. He used GE stuff to direct the troops from behind the lines. He won't use anything but GE because they buy the best tech available if they do not already own it. Also, if there is a problem with the new stuff, they will get it fixed. They won't just tell you too bad, especially if you have the latest stuff. They want to know what is wrong and they will fix it on all units. He also introduced me to their Avantapure Water conditioning systems. They are far and away a better unit than anything available in a store and handles his water and mine, it uses very little salt. I am about to add some to my unit to which I last added salt just before July 4th. AvantaPure - Enhancing Home and Health You'll need that to protect all the stainless steel from our hard water.
Thanks for the info. That's good to hear. Our house is going to have the water softner loop, so we will look into Avanta Pure.
T

Old 10-03-2007, 03:54 PM

29 posts, read 96,722 times
Cafe is a step up from the Profile lineup. You can tell by the red badge vs the typical dark grey badge on the Profile. There are some cosmetic changes in handles and the like but the guts are 100% Profile.

You might want to take a look at the LG Kitchen Suite, a very nice and spectacular product lineup.

Please feel free to drop by the Culebra and 1604 Depot. We are showing the lineup from LG.

We will not at present time be featuring Cafe, I believe our location at DeZavala and I10 will be though.

If I can help you in your search don't hesitate to give a shout.

Jimmy Ray
Make a Fast Friend
Adopt a Racing Greyhound

Old 12-28-2007, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 5,937 times
I purchaes the GE Cafe dual fuel range, dishwasher and microwave. The range came with an over drawer that was damaged in production, still managed to pass quality control and didn't sit square in the range. The front was also dented. The micro has a poor stamping on the door and looks like crap. Didn't notice until after it was installed an plastic film was removed. The dishwasher has started to RUST in the tub where four spot welds compromised the stainless tub walls. BestBuy told me to go thru GE customer service which took me beyond the 30 return window. A GE Engineer says that rust in the tub is NORMAL and it's OK for a 3 month old DW to rust. My advice is don't buy GE and don't buy from BestBuy. Both these companies are an embarassment to American business.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:22 AM

138 posts, read 451,374 times
GE is supposed to be one of the worst contributors to the ozone- does not filter/catch damaging chemicals that are released during their processing. I would not buy their products either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio