Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:46 PM

61,914 posts, read 87,450,383 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling that those "lost" packages are seldom found...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 09:58 PM

61,914 posts, read 87,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattle axis View Post
Come early evening when I did not see my packages/UPS, I tracked them to find: "Delivered. On porch, 1:30 pm" ACK!! I really hope this is just a clerical error and my items are still on their way to me, but I can't help to fear they've been stolen.

Those times are not always accurate, although I didn't noticed discrepancy in UPS/FedEx delivery times.
But today's delivery left me puzzled.
Remember when I said that my Amazon parcel was not delivered, yet?
My post #13 at 5:40 PM, the parcel arrived at 6:17 PM and what we see here?

Deliver To: San Antonio, TX
Number of Packages: 1
Total Weight: 14 lbs
Delivery Scheduled Date:
Dec 16, 2011 between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM CST
Delivery Date/Time:
Dec 16, 2011 3:01 PM CST

Current Status: Delivered
Signed for by: Released by Delivery Agent

Old 12-16-2011, 10:43 PM

409 posts, read 1,035,873 times
Women...if you don't have a gun get yourself a nice pipe wrench.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:37 AM

171 posts, read 311,866 times
To all who responded to my comment. Read what you copied down from my post. "I don't condone stealing.". Unless my english is bad, I don't think it means that its "OK" to steal. I meant to say I would understand if someone stole food. Not if someone lifted a couple of blue rays and an Ipod.. True stealing is stealing and the individual would still need to be brought to justice. Also on my post I mentioned I've been burglarized more than once and had my car stolen. I've once had two speakers worth over $800.00 each and a sound system worth over 1000 dollars taken. So I know what it feels like when you come home and have your place ransacked. That is why my comments aren't just some stupid half-A** comment from some bleeding heart with the atitude "Well I'd like to think if that happened to me." Well it has happened to me.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:43 AM

8,399 posts, read 23,014,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraptree View Post
To all who responded to my comment. Read what you copied down from my post. "I don't condone stealing.". Unless my english is bad, I don't think it means that its "OK" to steal. I meant to say I would understand if someone stole food. Not if someone lifted a couple of blue rays and an Ipod.. True stealing is stealing and the individual would still need to be brought to justice. Also on my post I mentioned I've been burglarized more than once and had my car stolen. I've once had two speakers worth over $800.00 each and a sound system worth over 1000 dollars taken. So I know what it feels like when you come home and have your place ransacked. That is why my comments aren't just some stupid half-A** comment from some bleeding heart with the atitude "Well I'd like to think if that happened to me." Well it has happened to me.
Nope, sorry; but even stealing food is wrong.

This is not a third world country were agencies might not exist to help those in need, there are numerous places where food can be obtained for families who need it!

There is no, repeat no excuse for stealing anything in this country!

But there is a good chance of getting shot while doing it, especially here in Texas!

Cheers! M2

Old 12-17-2011, 06:54 AM

I've had several deliveries "lost," all by FedEx. One was marked 'delivered' on their website (I got notification via my phone) and I immediately contacted them as I had been home for hours and got nothing! I hoped they would contact the driver and let him/her know, but I didn't get a response until the next day. They claimed they would try to retrieve it, but if it was dropped at the wrong address how are they going to go back to get it? No surprise, they weren't "able" to recover it (I doubt they even tried). I was pissed as I would have heard the truck had it been on our street, but one never came. Unfortunately, there are a lot of similarly-named streets in our neighborhood; but that is no excuse for a "professional" deliver company!

Based on these experiences, we usually use UPS or USPS. Both seem to do a better job of it, but are far from perfect. It is the reason we always spend a little more and get the insurance, but I'm not sure if that covers an item that was allegedly "delivered" by never "received?!?"

Cheers! M2

Old 12-17-2011, 10:51 AM

464 posts, read 805,507 times
If you have anything being delivered FedEx from Apple, they require a signature. And I often find it's better to have the shipment held at my local FedEx/Kinko's. No porch, no worries. No having to use my Dragunov.

Last edited by hillcountrywinefan; 12-17-2011 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: corrected sentence structure. old age ya know....

Old 12-17-2011, 11:09 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,741,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountrywinefan View Post
If you have anything being delivered FedEx from Apple, they require a signature. And I often find it's better to have the shipment held at my local FedEx/Kinko's. No porch, no worries. No having to use my Dragunov.
That is a recent change then. Last summer I didnt have to sign for my wife's iPad. The last thing I actually had to sign for was an order of wine (always have to sign for that), but with the iPad I just met the UPS dude as he was rolling up and he handed it to me.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:52 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,795,646 times
I didn't have to sign for my iPhone 4s which only came two months ago via fed ex.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountrywinefan View Post
A Dragunov? A real Russian one, or the Romanian version (PSL)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio