Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:19 PM

85 posts, read 329,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Keep dreaming. The chances of an NFL team moving into that city before San Antonio are next to nil. Until there are shovels in the dirt I won't believe that Los Angeles is going to build a new stadium anytime soon. I'm so sick and tired of hearing how Los Angeles is a cinch to get a team. If it were so easy it would have happened long ago.

And good riddance to the Dallas Cowboys training camp. What an embarrassment it was to have another NFL team holding their camp here. I am glad they are gone and hopefully will never return.
Not to burst your bubble but I haven't seen any shovels in the dirt here in San Antonio either. I doubt that any team would move here and play in the Alamodome. The NFL is going to want a new stadium to be built. The chances of that happening here and nil. IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 03:29 AM

927 posts, read 1,392,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grf430 View Post
Well, since you are the expert, tell us why San Antonio has failed to attract an NFL team even with a stadium built for that purpose that largely sits empty (save for UTSA football).

Not to mention that SA can't even sustain training camp for a team anymore...
Ironically enough it's the same problem that has kept Los Angeles out of the league since 1995. And that's a lack of a decent Dome or stadium. I hate to say this but the Alamodome was obsolete the day it was finished. Simply too few skyboxes for a league quality stadium. And by the time San Antonio became a viable spot for a franchise, the Dome was a total dinosaur. But even still, that doesn't mean the Dome could not serve as a temporary solution.

If a team, say the Vikings, were to choose to relocate to San Antonio it could use the Dome indefinitely or until a new Dome is built. The reason why there are no shovels in the dirt now is because city leaders do not want to commit to funding a new Dome this time until an actual franchise is here. Makes sense. Which believe it or not is exactly the same situation in Los Angeles. The Coliseum and Rosebowl are both 80 year old dinosaurs and not worthy of NFL football.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:16 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,594,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
HA! I think Jerry Jones should go to Cali by himself and stay there. In the meantime bring back Jimmy Johnson, Troy, Emmitt, and Irvin. Any one of them could bring us back to the glory days and keep training camp in TX. People still want Jerry's head btw for firing Jimmy after he won those Super Bowls! Or, the NFL can quit jerking us around and give us a team of our own and pump the city full of money. Ya' know since the NBA is going nowhere right now?????
If an NFL team comes to town it won't be to pump money in, it will be to siphon money out of the city. The first thing they will want the city to do is build them a new dome stadium. The morons that we have running this city would jump at the chance to siphon money from the tax payers to build a stadium. Any money being pumped into the city will never go to the tax payers. It will go to make a handful of rich people richer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio