Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:23 AM

555 posts, read 1,078,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septgirl75 View Post
So, it looks like AT&T is a good choice. Thanks!
Again, what is AT&T offering? Do they really have a totally wireless service? And what is the cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 06:51 AM

584 posts, read 1,195,934 times
Here is the AT&T internet without a telephone.

Check DSL Availability - Shop for AT&T DSL High Speed Internet

Old 07-06-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin927 View Post
Here is the AT&T internet without a telephone.

Check DSL Availability - Shop for AT&T DSL High Speed Internet
Thanks. I was wondering if it was DSL. It's not really a wireless plan, it does include Wi-Fi, but only at AT&T hotspots. But it is still a great price. Unfortunately for my step-daughter DSL isn't available where she lives.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:20 PM

11 posts, read 18,555 times
I had Clear for over six months and it is fast and somewhat cheap. You do need your own router though, so that will set you back maybe $60 for a very cheap one or $100+ for a high-end one. I recommend them, but make SURE that you talk to them thoroughly about your total monthly cost. I guess you could say I have reservations about them. I have a good friend whose parents have Time Warner, and it is fast and relatively inexpensive. I probably should have gone with them back then.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:54 PM

89 posts, read 234,485 times
I took a risk on Clear last weekend, and I must say, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of service!

I got the mobile USB stick for my laptop (since my wife and I only have one computer ATM, it made sense) and it was easy to setup, and easy to use.

Its unlimited data in the 4G WiMax coverage area (San Antonio Metro pretty much) for $45/month. If you want to add the 3G service along with it (and a data cap on 3G only, not sure how much) it'll only cost $10/month more.

I'm already over 9GB of data used and there's not a problem with speed throttling or caps with the 4G. Love it, and I'll gladly recommend it to anyone in the city. (PM me so I can get $$$ for referring if you're interested. lol).

No, its nowhere near what I used to have with Time Warner's Roadrunner Extreme, but I can stream tv shows/movies, and play games online like I used to with no lag.

BTW, I live in an apartment complex near Castle Hills if anyone is wondering where I'm at getting this awesome signal. Take Care...

Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 PM

74 posts, read 176,339 times
So can you not get internet through Time Warner without cable or phone service? We were thinking of getting rid of everything in our package except for the internet because my girls do there home schooling on it.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcharmingone View Post
So can you not get internet through Time Warner without cable or phone service? We were thinking of getting rid of everything in our package except for the internet because my girls do there home schooling on it.
I couldn't find anyone offering true wireless internet other than Clear, and the cell phone providers (or at least Verizon does, I assume the others do as well).

Old 07-14-2011, 06:16 PM

4,368 posts, read 7,286,121 times
Quote:
My sister & BIL have Time Warner internet-only here in San Antonio. They don't have a landline phone, and they use DirecTV for TV service.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
I misunderstood the question. Yes you can get internet through Time Warner without having their cable service and without having a home phone. I have TW internet and don't have cable service. The service is delivered through their cable to your house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio