Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 08:37 AM

2 posts, read 5,053 times

Advertisements

I am curious to find out if my neighbor is in code violation when he recycles old mattresses. For the last two weeks, a flat bed trailer get filled up with stripped down mattresses in the driveway of his rental home. He no longer uses his driveway to park his cars but uses the street. The trailer sometimes is parked on the street too. He has to hall off all the old mattress foam (solid waste issue). He is stripping down old mattresses (bedbug, health issue). And he is parking a trailer in plain sight on the residential street. Is he doing something illegal for a residential area? Who do I contact? He is unapproachable and yells and cusses at me for "Messing with him" when I asked him move his vehicle from in front of my house. He rents the home but claims legally he can do what he want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 08:40 AM

5,604 posts, read 6,529,837 times
Call Code Compliance through 311.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:47 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,807,289 times
The only thing I can figure is that what he's doing might fall into some kind of manufacturing or waste processing activity that would go against the variety of residential zoning the house is classified as.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:48 AM

7,131 posts, read 11,854,646 times
Be aware - he has the legal right to park in front of your home (on the street, of course). The other issues - could well be code violations. Have you contacted the actual owner of the house? If he's doin' that outside, you gotta wonder about the inside. Go through Bexar County Tax Appraisal District to find the registered owner.

Bexar CAD - Property Search

Old 12-31-2010, 09:44 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,807,289 times
Pretty much - he'd have to be blocking you in or out, or preventing access to the mailbox. The first two would be easier to have something done about, but good luck with the third.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:49 AM

2 posts, read 5,053 times
Thanks for everyone's advice. I'll have to pursue the mattress issue and not the parking one. If he hadn't started yelling at me when I asked him to move his vehicle I probably wouldn't have bothered to take this action. A neighbor has the owner's number and I'll inform them of the issues. I suppose blowing leaves into the street (where his truck is parked) was a bit petty. But then it is a public street...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio