Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 10:36 PM

205 posts, read 602,953 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for real estate agents or an attorney, in the SA area, to help with a home sale transaction that starts as a "for sale by owner"?

I don't need listing the home, just need help when an offer is made and making a sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 07:59 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,425,207 times
So you're basically saying you don't want to pay someone, but you do need their help at a drastic cut rate?

Just curious. Good luck with that.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,732,526 times
There are probably some agents out there that do this. You get what you pay for. Be ready to spend a lot of your money and time advertising, meeting with inspectors, appraisers, etc. Missing work so you can keep the appt to show the house for the couple that shows up 2 hours late or doesnt' show up at all.

Opening your house to someone who just knocks on the door at 10:00pm and wants to look around. Hope you don't have kids or valuables.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:20 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,118,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
So you're basically saying you don't want to pay someone, but you do need their help at a drastic cut rate?

Just curious. Good luck with that.
Maybe they have their reasons for going this route? My godparents sold my parents the home they were renting for many years, there was no listing or agent needed, they agreed on a price, and they used a attorney who has since retired to draft up the paperwork.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:45 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,773,330 times
I bought my house 4 years ago without a realtor involved. It is very possible to do this if you obtain the help of an good real estate attorney. Unfortunately the one that I used is no longer in San Antonio area.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,101,062 times
Just a reminder that City-Data's TOS requires that recommendations of REAL ESTATE agents, attorneys and web sites are to be shared with daluu by Direct Message only. Daluu can let us know in the thread whether any of the recommendations were particularly helpful. There are many fine local agents who visit/post in this forum regularly.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:24 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,425,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Maybe they have their reasons for going this route? My godparents sold my parents the home they were renting for many years, there was no listing or agent needed, they agreed on a price, and they used a attorney who has since retired to draft up the paperwork.
They may have a great reason, and everyone is welcome to do as they wish. No skin off my nose. They're just asking for a "good" Realtor to help them, and they'll be hard pressed to find a GOOD one willing to work for darn near free. Especially when each contract we put our name on holds legal implications. It's not worth it.

They can (and SHOULD) get an attorney to look over the contract if they don't have any representation.

OP just needs to think about what they're asking for. A GOOD professional willing to work for free. Good luck with that.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:51 PM

Thanks for comments. And thanks for the DM/PM for those that sent one.

And thanks Bowie, didn't know about the TOS, tend to skip or skim over those like EULAs as well as most folks do.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
They may have a great reason, and everyone is welcome to do as they wish. No skin off my nose. They're just asking for a "good" Realtor to help them, and they'll be hard pressed to find a GOOD one willing to work for darn near free. Especially when each contract we put our name on holds legal implications. It's not worth it.

They can (and SHOULD) get an attorney to look over the contract if they don't have any representation.

OP just needs to think about what they're asking for. A GOOD professional willing to work for free. Good luck with that.
I wasn't asking for recommendations for someone who would provide free help. I just needed home sales assistance without the full service package including the home listing. Why pay full price when you don't need all the services?

My particular situation is that my home is available to the market but not directly or actively on the market. What you can call Zillow's "Make Me Move" price/option. I am in no need or hurry to have it listed but should someone interested contact me, I want to be able to make a sale without screwing up either party, as I've never done FSBO before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio