Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,467 times

Advertisements

Dear SAians,

I am new here and will be moving to SA in a months time, I am planning to stay in NEISD school district. I am looking for two things. 1. Elelmentary school, 2. House for Rent. Please help me narrow down my search for the school, I have few in my mind - Encino elementary, Roan Forest, Hardy Oak, Wilderness Oak, Huebner or any other great school.
I am also planning to rent a house with 4/5+ bedroom newer house, in these school district. I am ready to commute longer distance but not get into backed up traffic. I am moving from Atlanta and used to driving and hate struck in traffic. I will be travelling down south on 281 or take 281 to 1604 and come down. Please let me know, how bad the traffic on 281 is, and the traffic at the 281 & 1604 interesction. Thank you all for your valuable responses.
D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,145,801 times
The traffic at the 281 and 1604 interchange is awful at weekday rush hour and will continue to be awful for at least 2-3 more years until the proposed interchange improvements are made. Even those won't be a complete solution, because only the access north of the interchange is part of the RMA's upcoming project.

The problem there is not well-documented by the city's traffic maps and cameras because they don't extend that far north on 281.

You should also be aware that there aren't enough lanes on 281 north of that interchange, which creates horrible congestion and bottlenecks. The most likely permanent solution involves adding toll lanes. To take the fastest route to and from work living up there would involve a daily toll in each direction.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:47 AM

5 posts, read 10,028 times
hi. we lived in atlanta too. traffic is stinky here too. NEISD schools are great ( and include high taxes and possible crowding). two brand new elementary schools opened 9/10. Cibolo Green and Tuscany Heights ES-both great. We picked Cibolo Canyons neighborhood and are happy. I had a friend pick Schertz, TX for lower taxes and good elementary schools and she was happy ( she moved ) but I prefered NEISD (esp. for MS and HS levels). Check w/ NEISD regarding capping and boundary changes before getting your heart set on a school/neighborhood because things can change quicker than your real estate agent may know. Also check out GreatSchools.com. Good Luck and welcome!!!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:27 PM

33 posts, read 75,648 times
You know, I worked (still am working) with a great real estate guy who is helping my family and I (we'll be relocating to SA in a month's time too from Virginia) looking for homes for rent as well as for a possible purchase. The guy is truly great, and what made me most comfortable with him was the fact that he listened to our needs, our wants, and tried as hard as possible to find suitable places for us. When we decided that perhaps paying for rent wasn't a good option for us, he took us to many places to see in several areas on SA and outskirts. The best thing is, he is totally fine whether we decide to rent or purchase, he has never pushed us one way or the other.

Anyway, if you are interested in getting his info, I will be more than happy to share. And no, I am not in any way shape or form related to him! We were just truly happy with the services he has provided, and I feel comfortable that he might be able to extend as much to anyone else.

DM me if you want
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: