Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 9,681 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where I can buy peaches by the bushel for canning in the Salt Lake area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 11:00 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
Not exactly, but many of the larger farms have gas station stands. Why not look for one and ask them? The other option would be to go to the Farmer's Market on Sat. morning and ask one of the growers there.

As an example, Harward Farms has a stand at the Chevron on 2100 South and 1300 East.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:20 PM

4 posts, read 39,046 times
I would make the drive to Willard. If you get off at the South Willard exit (there's a big sign for a Smith & Edwards store) and drive up the 89 towards Brigham City there are some fruit stands. The best prices were at Grammy's. It's a little bit of a drive, but definitely worth it.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 PM

56 posts, read 207,538 times
From my mom! She has tons and she can't possibly use them all! PM me and I'll give you her phone number.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:24 PM

602 posts, read 1,872,516 times
I was told by my office-mate that Brigham City has the best peaches
she's ever eaten....ever.....and she's from Georgia! She said the fruit stands up there have amazing veggies and fruits, and at this time of the year there also getting ready for the apple harvest and fresh apple cider. I'm hoping to get up there this weekend and check them out. It would be a bit of a drive from SLC, but it sounds worth it!

Old 09-25-2009, 02:40 PM

56 posts, read 207,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osugirl2 View Post
I was told by my office-mate that Brigham City has the best peaches
she's ever eaten....ever.....and she's from Georgia! She said the fruit stands up there have amazing veggies and fruits, and at this time of the year there also getting ready for the apple harvest and fresh apple cider. I'm hoping to get up there this weekend and check them out. It would be a bit of a drive from SLC, but it sounds worth it!
Yeah, Brigham City is where all the good produce is. Every year of my entire life my mom has made the long drive up there for their delicious goodies. It's worth it.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,889 times
Are there any canning peaches still available?

Old 10-03-2013, 10:23 PM

973 posts, read 2,141,340 times
Lol my white peach tree is still covered with peaches I think are a lost cause. Sadly, the past couple years, the 'back' of my tree (up against a shed and fence) grows, and peaches are ready by late August. The front area (I suppose that gets more sun) is way slower growing, and it usually snows before they ripen. and, it snowed again today out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area