Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 AM

3 posts, read 6,385 times

Advertisements

How are the schools?

Which is better for raising a child?

What is the average rent for a 2 bedroom apartment?

What is the job situation like? My experience is in finance/Administrative work..

How is the air quality?

Is traffic horrendous?

How is the Health/Dental Care?

Are groceries, restaurants, movies etc. easily accessible?

Are there good museums/cultural things to do?

Are there places close by to hike/bike?

Should I consider other areas in Sacramento? What else should I know??

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 09:03 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,253,609 times
I'll leave the specifics to others, but Granite Bay and Roseville are entirely different areas.

Granite Bay is very established and residential, with many impressive homes (top of the line for this metro area) and few apartments. Homes frequently have very extensive landscaping and many are on larger lots. They also have rather small shopping areas.

Roseville is much more upper middle class, generally the homes are upper middle market, and nicer apartments are plentiful. Homes tend to be pretty close together, on rather small lots. Massive retail centers too.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:07 AM

8,674 posts, read 17,315,721 times
Specifically, Granite Bay and Roseville aren't in Sacramento.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:29 PM

405 posts, read 1,347,645 times
Consider Folsom and El Dorado Hills...

Old 05-28-2010, 03:34 PM

15 posts, read 67,759 times
How are the schools? Schools in these cities rank highly. Also consider rocklin because the schools are very nice.

Which is better for raising a child? imo, granite bay or the new part of roseville are both great.

What is the average rent for a 2 bedroom apartment? The prices differ depending on location. Check here for roseville rentals, there are new homes all the time. Property Management Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln and South Placer County - Wildwood Property Management

How is the air quality? Great most of the year.

Is traffic horrendous? Only depending on the time of day.

How is the Health/Dental Care? In my personal experience, both are great.

Are groceries, restaurants, movies etc. easily accessible? Many of all three. Especially in Roseville.

Are there good museums/cultural things to do? The short drive to sacramento gives many things to do - i.e. train museum and festivals

Are there places close by to hike/bike? folsom lake in granite bay gives many trails and hiking areas, fishing too.

Should I consider other areas in Sacramento? What else should I know??
Rocklin, Roseville, Granite Bay, and Lincoln are fantastic areas.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 05-28-2010 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 11-13-2010, 01:01 PM

5 posts, read 20,971 times
which area would you choosse that has everything in Sacramento Best public School best Houses Safe and close to lake and nature and also jobs

Old 11-13-2010, 07:21 PM

21 posts, read 66,503 times
You just described Folsom, sans the jobs.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:12 PM

51 posts, read 143,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Specifically, Granite Bay and Roseville aren't in Sacramento.
They are still part of Sacramento

Old 11-17-2010, 08:42 AM

8,674 posts, read 17,315,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewzy916 View Post
They are still part of Sacramento
No, they are not. They are suburbs of Sacramento. For many, that is part of the appeal.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:19 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,808,517 times
How are the schools? -- Excellent. They share the same District

Which is better for raising a child? -- Both are outstanding. Roseville has more libraries and parks that your kid could walk or bicycle to nearby, but Granite Bay is a bit more posh. Most of Roseville is fairly posh too.

What is the average rent for a 2 bedroom apartment? - $1000? I have been an owner and do not look.

What is the job situation like? My experience is in finance/Administrative work.. -- CA as a whole is on the skids, particularly hard here.

How is the air quality? - A bit hazy, especially summers, but not bad compared to LA.

Is traffic horrendous? - Yes. Past Antelope Road Interstate 80 backs up daily.

How is the Health/Dental Care? - Lots of fine clinics and hospitals in the area.

Are groceries, restaurants, movies etc. easily accessible? - A bit of a drive, depending upon your home. Douglas, Pleasant Grove and Blue Oaks Boulevards are the main east/west roads.

Are there good museums/cultural things to do? - Not so much. See downtown Sac.

Are there places close by to hike/bike? - Roseville has many bike trails and spacious creekway parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento