Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 PM

3 posts, read 11,383 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy either in Rocklin or Roseville and I found a house I really like in Roseville, Its near Woodcreek Oaks Blvd. And Jct. Blvd. Is that a safe area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 10:03 PM

590 posts, read 931,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthroupe View Post
I am looking to buy either in Rocklin or Roseville and I found a house I really like in Roseville, Its near Woodcreek Oaks Blvd. And Jct. Blvd. Is that a safe area?
If there was ever a less desirable place to live in Roseville, IMO, that area is one of them. It's not to say it's not a nice area but you need to understand that this area of Roseville has a very close proximity to both North Highlands and Rio Linda, two areas that are widely regarded as the worst areas in Sacramento County to live.
Generally speaking, the closer Woodcreek Oaks Blvd. gets to Blue Oaks Blvd. the nicer the homes get and the better the class of people get. That said, if you find a nice home in a nice neighborhood and the price is right then you'll probably like living there. You can always tell the quality of a neighborhood by the number of cars parked on the street.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:53 AM

261 posts, read 1,351,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMan View Post
If there was ever a less desirable place to live in Roseville, IMO, that area is one of them. It's not to say it's not a nice area but you need to understand that this area of Roseville has a very close proximity to both North Highlands and Rio Linda, two areas that are widely regarded as the worst areas in Sacramento County to live.
Generally speaking, the closer Woodcreek Oaks Blvd. gets to Blue Oaks Blvd. the nicer the homes get and the better the class of people get. That said, if you find a nice home in a nice neighborhood and the price is right then you'll probably like living there. You can always tell the quality of a neighborhood by the number of cars parked on the street.
I think Woodcreek Oaks and Junction are perfectly fine. It's in a fantastic school district and all of the homes are really new. It's been hit hard by the foreclosure crisis because all of the homes are new, and most with bad loans. The car on the street thing I agree with. And the roads in the newer developments are much narrower than older roads. With that, it's a safe, nice place. You just need to figure it out for yourself.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:34 PM

36 posts, read 170,733 times
You'll be fine. It's a nice quiet area. The homes are "older" (think 2002) than the rest of Roseville, but that is exactly the area I used to live in. There is a golf course around, schools, nice running trails and it's safe. It is NOT close to Rio Linda at ALL. If you go 5mins down Baseline, then turn left on Watt and travel another 7 mins or so, you start to hit that shady area, but otherwise, the area you are looking at is a nice, typical Roseville community. The only downside I remember is that it takes just a bit longer to hit the freeway. (like 5mins instead of jumping on off of Blue Oaks). That section of Roseville, all the way down Woodcreek Oaks past Blue Oaks is probably my favorite part of Roseville.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento