Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 01:35 AM

3 posts, read 12,670 times

Advertisements

Myself I do not like Sacramento at all, I guess it is probubly because I lived in Orange County Calif my entire life. 6years ago because of my spouse's job we had to relocate to Sacramento, its been 6yrs now & I still hate it here. There a bum's all over the downtown area, crime is terrible, not enough police. I would suggest Anaheim Hills, Yorba Linda, Newport Beach, Laguna beach, Laguna Niguel, Brea in Southern Calif. Orange County is a very nice place to live
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 07:13 AM

184 posts, read 796,850 times
I myself feel the same way about Sacramento, Hated it since we moved here back in 1999. Same reason for moving here was because of my husband job. I lived in Los Angeles County since 1965. Moved there from Ohio. I have tried to find the good here but have not found to much to want to stay here.. I'm still trying to figure out what people find wonderful about this place.
Wish to moved to the midwest.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:13 PM

548 posts, read 2,016,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmasters View Post
I myself feel the same way about Sacramento, Hated it since we moved here back in 1999. Same reason for moving here was because of my husband job. I lived in Los Angeles County since 1965. Moved there from Ohio. I have tried to find the good here but have not found to much to want to stay here.. I'm still trying to figure out what people find wonderful about this place.
Wish to moved to the midwest.
you had me until the "wish to moved to the midwest" part. Believe, I still live in the Midwest -- be glad that you are elsewhere.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:31 PM

914 posts, read 2,919,725 times
One of the things always said about Sac is that it had a MidWestern feel about it. It doesn't have a sophisticated notions about itself, and was very down-home and blue-collar, although with all the Bay Area bozos moving here in the past ten years or so, it has changed quite a bit. It also depends where you live, as far as quality of life goes. If you live in Rancho Cordova, it's not going to be great, although it has improved a lot in the past several years.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:21 PM

20 posts, read 97,245 times
Sac used to feel less crowded and more down-to-earth but the last few years it's grown too much. Lots of bad attitudes, bums loitering around downtown, bad crime and too many loud stereos in oversized trucks. It's lost its appeal to me and so we are getting out.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:46 PM

110 posts, read 665,198 times
When I see bums sleeping on the warm air grates in the middle of a sidewalk ,on a busy monday morning walk to work,on a 10 degree morning in Chicago I've always wondered "if your going to be a bum ,go where its warm" ...I guess every big city has its share of bums.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:01 PM

64 posts, read 307,751 times
Default Leaving sacramento as well

I guess I'll chime in too as yet another person leaving Sacramento.

I grew up in OC back when it was small. After wandering all over, fell in love with Sacramento and moved here in 93 and now I can't wait to get out.

Our economy is now shot because of all the people coming here from the BA. It has totally changed in the last 3 to 5 yrs. No one can afford to live and work here. This makes me sad as I really love the work that I do.

We're looking at TN, KY, NC, western VA or maybe southern IN or IL. My husband is from Chicago went to school in KY and NC. He can't wait to get out of here as well.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:30 AM

Where in Ohio do you live?

Old 02-18-2007, 08:34 AM

Where in Sacramento do you live?
You are lucky to have a husband who wants to move.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:02 PM

64 posts, read 307,751 times
Default Now we live in Davis

Before I was married I lived in midtown and in Woodlake. We both have very stable, professional careers and I'll be tossing away 7 yrs of seniority to relocate.

With home prices at 7.4 times the median income, I have no clue how anyone can buy a home now. 2.5 or 3 times the median is what is considered traditional. This just happened in the last 7 yrs. Sacramento was affordable and friendly but those days are gone.

BWT 3x median what the rest of the nation is like unless you live in one of those places where people from CA already fled to and ran up prices. I plan on going where those people didn't go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento