Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 08:23 PM

3 posts, read 10,243 times

Advertisements

Greetings to all!

My partner and I are planning on moving to Sacramento in the next 2-3 months. What is the best recommendation for gay friendly areas? I'm a 49-year-old white bear. He's a 41-year-old asian otter. Pets, but no kids. I'm a teacher. He's a nurse. Any help is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 11:12 PM

7 posts, read 15,864 times
There's no much guy in this town. But the most gay spot that I've found is midtown/downtown. If you like going out to clubs the gay clubs are in midtown and the closest to a "gayborhood" is midtown. I strongly suggest you go straight there the rest of Sacramento is not that nice unless you like living by the woods or close to farms Also from my experience Midtown is pretty safe, even though there's a bunch of abandoned business just downtown it's still nicer that other places.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:14 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,274,555 times
just gonna leave this here

Sacramento Pride

Old 06-04-2015, 11:56 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,260,756 times
Citrus Heights is where my husband and I live. We love it here! But if you guys are into the club scene and hate the suburbs, you should look in Midtown.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:50 AM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times
The Grid = Downtown/Midtown
Lavender Heights = Midtown

The Gays were rocking midtown well before the straights "took over" and when the Gays really needed a Gayborhood. Historically, Lavender Heights was Sacraemnto's "Gay Ghetto". Back then the only bar/club on the "Grid" was Faces, back then it was called "The K Street" Bar. That corner of K street and 20th Street now has a large assortment of bar/clubs/brewpubs, restaurants, other clubs, etc, and Faces is still there.

The Gays are everywhere in Sacramento - The Hills have Eyes, lol.

The traditional Gayborhoods were and still are:

Midtown and Downtown.
And - All the neighborhoods that surround midtown/downtown: McKinley Park, River Park, Tahoe Park, Oak Park, Curtis Park, Land Park.

Other Sacramento Gayborhoods:
South Land Park, South Natomas, North Natomas, West Sacramento, American River Drive area-Campus Commons Areas

Roseville, Folsom

Old 06-05-2015, 12:39 PM

21,836 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Pretty much anywhere. Midtown/East Sac are probably the most prominent but Roseville also has a pretty active gay community.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:19 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabinator View Post
Greetings to all!

My partner and I are planning on moving to Sacramento in the next 2-3 months. What is the best recommendation for gay friendly areas? I'm a 49-year-old white bear. He's a 41-year-old asian otter. Pets, but no kids. I'm a teacher. He's a nurse. Any help is much appreciated.
Midtown most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabinator View Post
I'm a 49-year-old white bear. He's a 41-year-old asian otter.
Just curious, but what do the animal connotations mean?

Old 06-09-2015, 12:46 PM

7 posts, read 15,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post

Just curious, but what do the animal connotations mean?
That he is a big hairy guy kind of muscular but not necessarily and that his partner is a not as big or as hairy guy. I don't know why that was relevant though unless he was looking for a gay bar for bears.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:29 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiego678 View Post
That he is a big hairy guy kind of muscular but not necessarily and that his partner is a not as big or as hairy guy. I don't know why that was relevant though unless he was looking for a gay bar for bears.
Ah, and the "otter" is presumably smooth and hairless or nearly so.

As the kids on South Park would say, "I learned something today..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento