Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 07:11 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,686 times

Advertisements

The only high school with Ib i can found near Sacramento area is Oakmont High School

what could you tell me about Roseville? Could i get a school transfer, if we decide to live in El Dorado Hills or Folsom?How far away from Roseville are these places?

we like the houses in those area,especially El dorado Hills and Some in Granite Bay...some in Rocklin

which area is greener?
it looks like,we will buy instead of renting one year...do not want to lose money on rent..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 09:51 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
what's an ib?

Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 PM

409 posts, read 957,420 times
Are you referring to the International Baccalaureate program?? There's I believe several schools around the Sac area...Laguna Creek in Elk Grove, Mira Loma, Luther Burbank, Granite Bay and Oakmont

Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
Roseville is very nice and very pleasant. Folsom or El Dorado Hills are too, but if you face a long commute to Roseville from those areas. Why not just live and work in Roseville?

Old 05-31-2013, 08:27 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
The only high school with Ib i can found near Sacramento area is Oakmont High School

what could you tell me about Roseville? Could i get a school transfer, if we decide to live in El Dorado Hills or Folsom?How far away from Roseville are these places?

we like the houses in those area,especially El dorado Hills and Some in Granite Bay...some in Rocklin

which area is greener?
it looks like,we will buy instead of renting one year...do not want to lose money on rent..
Granite Bay is greener. It is the oldest community. There are parts of Folsom & EDH that are well treed as well. Look at the longer established neighborhoods within each community and you will find more green.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,180 times
Roseville, Rocklin, and even Lincoln have very nice areas. If you can spend $300k give or take, you will get a very nice house in a great area.. A lot of undeveloped areas too, lots of green and open space. The commute to Oakmont would only be 25-30 min, and the area is totally worth it.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:40 AM

541 posts, read 1,340,686 times
IB is international programme, we intend to spend between 500-700000 for a house. I am European and love green, trees,vegetation,bigger lot.

My husband will commute to Sacramento. He is fine even with one hour commute.
Thank you for your answers.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:12 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,999,504 times
It shows on the IB web site that El Dorado High School (in Placerville) offers an IB Diploma program. It would be about a 20 minute ride to the high school from El Dorado Hills. Lots of green and trees in EDH and cities further east as you approach Placerville, and your budget is reasonable for this area.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:32 PM

4,629 posts, read 4,896,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
IB is international programme, we intend to spend between 500-700000 for a house. I am European and love green, trees,vegetation,bigger lot.
Trees? Lots in Roseville
Green? Not in central California! The only time grass is green in CA is during the winter. During the summer, everything turns brown (natives like to say "golden", but as someone who grew up where there actually is water, it's brown and looks dead)

Go to Google maps, go to Maidu park (off Rocky Ridge, south of Douglas), zoom into the 3D view (not top down satellite). Or use Google Earth, go to Maidu again, and use the timeline slider to pick any day between June and October. I particularly like 9/19/10. That's what Roseville looks like in the summer (really, all of central California, Yosemite looks the same, Lake Tahoe area looks similar, Vallejo looks the same, etc)

The other problem is there aren't many big lots in Roseville either. Right now, there are exactly zero houses on at least 1 acre under $700,001. Actually, there are zero houses for same on at least 1 acre, no matter the price. There are two empty lots that are bigger than 1 acre, but the cheap one is $8.3 million...
Granite Bay, next door, does have 1+ acre lots, with houses, under $700,001. 8 of them for sale right now. Great schools, a little more rural than Roseville, but not a long commute in any stretch of the imagination.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:12 PM

78 posts, read 103,459 times
Granite Bay High School offers an IB program. However, I remember hearing that students are slotted into the IB program at *kindergarten* via a lottery. Funky, if true. You might want to check with the school district that your children may get into the IB program before committing to a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento