Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:33 PM

3 posts, read 10,707 times

Advertisements

What to places to and not to live around Sacramento, I thinking of a move from Tampa Florida but need some Info. How just how is it out there? whats the good and the bad I would like to know it all thanks..Tampaking23
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 07:05 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,706,292 times
Depends on your age - your income - what you like (urban or suburbs - do you care about schools or family area - are you buying or renting

Other then that - ALWAYS stay away from South Sac

Old 09-19-2007, 07:38 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
Other then that - ALWAYS stay away from South Sac
Well, I wouldn't say ALL of south Sac, but most of it certainly is bad (gangs, thugs, etc). The parts that are near Florin, Mack, and Meadow view roads are really bad. The areas south of Cosumnes Blvd is a bit better (I used to live there... good neighborhood, with the exception of the one gang member/drug dealer neighbor). Once you cross Calvine road (on the part between I-5 and 99) it is really nice (almost like Elk Grove). Of course, it is more expensive too, and for the little bit extra, you might be better off going to Elk Grove and getting the better Police/Fire responses.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:28 AM

172 posts, read 512,152 times
+1 on Elk Grove.
Boy do I miss it!

Old 09-20-2007, 04:02 PM

70 posts, read 379,488 times
Default The thing about Sacramento is

that no matter where you live anymore, you are 3 or 4 blocks from a less than desirable area. I have lived in the Country Club area, Arden Park, Midtown, Fair Oaks & it seems they have all become a bit shabby. I moved to the Mather area 3 years ago & I have to say it is so far from everywhere that its the quietest and safest place I have ever lived. Its almost like an island, you have to drive a ways to get to anything, which has its benefits. No ghetto anywhere near us and were surrounded by state protected vernal pools and wetlands which means no more building in the area.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:42 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,380,043 times
I would avoid Del Paso Heights, North Highlands, parts of Rio Linda, Robla, Northgate and the older areas of Natomas. North Sac has alot of issues.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:30 PM

202 posts, read 535,067 times
Greenhaven/Pocket is technically South Sacramento, and I personally think it's one of the better neighborhoods in the Sacramento area.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:19 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,380,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnJack View Post
Greenhaven/Pocket is technically South Sacramento, and I personally think it's one of the better neighborhoods in the Sacramento area.
It is a great area. But crime has gone up in that area, mostly property crime. Was it last year or the year before that home invasions were happening ALOT in that area.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:49 PM

202 posts, read 535,067 times
That was last year, I believe... there was a wave of burglaries. Things seems to be a bit calmer now, though, according to the police department crime tracker. Even in comparison to some other nice areas, though especially compared to Florin/Meadowview/etc. across the 5 in South Sac.

I've only lived in the Pocket for a few weeks now, but I feel pretty safe here.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:46 PM

433 posts, read 2,357,043 times
It is amazing that we have somehow been able to survive living here on the mean streets of Sacramento. Our cars must be full of bullet holes. Most of us exchange several clips worth of ammo with our 9's every morning just going to work on the freeway....right??? We're all in gangs with tatoos all over our bodies. It's hell on earth....right???

You above posters are just being too positive. Out of towners need to hear the truth. Don't sugar coat it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento