Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:57 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,300,029 times

Advertisements

Sacramento has an all-time leash law with the exception of private property and designated areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,372 times
Default Pit Bull Information

You might want to check out Chako Pit Bull Rescue on Meetup.com. They have a lot of great classes on training you pitbull, becoming CGC certified, and information involving the breed.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:06 PM

61 posts, read 219,019 times
I think your idea of looking for private landlords is the right direction to go in. We rented with a rotty mix in east sac from a private landord, but when our rental sold, we had a tough time finding another place that was in decent condition, accepted large dogs, and we could afford. We actually ended up buy in Oak Park because we wanted to be close to work, and when we bought rather then rented it made since to upgrade out of the gross carpet, put in a nice fence, plant sod, etc (things we were not finding in "pet friendly" rentals) for the same monthly payment. But it is not the most walkable neighborhood overall.

Apparently Fremont Mews apartments in Midtown takes pits.

Another option may be West Sacramento? Chako pit rescue says SS is pit friendly...
S&S Property Management Company

Old 06-17-2011, 06:24 PM

13 posts, read 23,013 times
He's not asking to be overwhelmed with statistics on how many people are bitten by dogs, he's asking for information he DOESN'T know. Help him out if you know.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,189 times
I live in midtown and have a pit bull and 2 cats. I have state farm renters and liabilty insurance. I live in a large 1 bedroom flat (1 of 4 in the building), I have a tiny yard, and my rent is less than $1000. My dog loves her frequent walks more than she likes the yard at my parent's house so I totally agree that dogs don't need a backyard!
I recommend looking for an apartment that isn't managed by a company... Talk with the owner and feel them out before you ask about the dog. My experience has been that owners/landlords go by their "gut" about prospective tenants more than they follow strict policies. I found mine by walking through the neighborhood and calling the number on a red "for rent" sign in the window.
Good luck!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:49 AM

170 posts, read 252,255 times
I know the OP is talking about Pit Bulls...i do have a dog ? though. We will be moving to Sac this fall and have three..yes 3...dogs. They are all small, 2 under 20lbs and the 3rd is 35lbs. They are all trained, well behaved, adult, non-agressive breeds. My husband is retired so they are rarely alone. We have been home owners, have good credit, good references, and steady income. We will likely buy late next year if my Sac job is a good fit but for our renting time...I always panic about finding a "3 pet" accepting place. Many of the complexes have a "2 max".

If anyone knows of any, I'd love the info. We are pretty open to location with r/t drive time to the city..from the actual city anywhere from Vacaville, to Auburn, to even Cameron Park...if we can have a safe place for our boys

thanks!

Old 07-23-2013, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 973 times
Smile New to Northern CA (Sacramento), Looking for a place to rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthEclectic View Post
I just moved up here not too long ago with some friends. Finally my wife and I are ready to move into our own place, but the challenge of having a pet, especially a pit-bull, in an urban environment is making it very difficult. Were both going to school and want to live on the grid for not only school, but everything else there is to do downtown. I need someone with connections, because realtors automatically deny any applicant from someone that owns a pit-bull. Were looking for an apartment or duplex around 1,100 a month somewhere in the midtown/east sac vicinity. It's ridiculous that I can't have my own insurance to cover the liability of my dog biting somebody even though my dog get swatted by my cats daily and poses no threat to anyone. The wave of breed negativiety is against me, but I'm looking for any information that could help me. I'm sick off having to drive into sac from El Dorado Hills everyday because of the breed of my dog.
hi, i read your post and felt your pain of trying to find a place for rent w/a pit bull...i know some time has passed since your post, and i hope all is well w/you and your family & doggy, but i wz wondering if you can relay any info to me? i am in th EXACT same situation you were once in...i am a proud pit bull owner lookin for a place to rent...hope to hear from you, thanks

Last edited by ginatude; 07-23-2013 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: forgot to mention that i am also a pit bull owner

Old 07-31-2013, 04:08 AM

84 posts, read 105,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthEclectic View Post
the challenge of having a pet, especially a pit-bull, in an urban environment is making it very difficult. realtors automatically deny any applicant from someone that owns a pit-bull.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento