Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 9,746 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

We're relocating to Rochester in late summer and are looking for a Realtor. We appreciate any suggestions you all might have. I'd prefer not to just call up and get handed whoever is on the floor at the real estate agency. So, who have you worked with that you would recommend? We're starting by looking at the Pittsford and Brighton areas, but might expand if we don't find something that works for us.

Thanks so much,
Kim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 08:29 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,874,941 times
I'd say add Fairport School District to your search and Penfield.... they are both great schools, Parks programs, rec centers, homes, shopping.... love Perinton, Pittsford and Penfied.... THEN Brighton.. I lived in Brighton and left it for Penfield .... you have to like the city feel to want Brighton... I like the true SUBURBAN feel and so I went to Penfield. Wish I headed to Fairport/Perinton first though. That is my favorite town in Rochester.... Do a search on those four- that is my personal suggestion.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:01 AM

2 posts, read 9,746 times
Thanks will do!!

Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 AM

3 posts, read 9,030 times
We are about to close on our new home in the next 2 weeks, and we used a Realtor that we'd recommend to anyone in a heartbeat- Amy Wheaton of J. Vincent Real Estate (585-737-5109). We're relocating to Rochester and live in NYC now, and she's really busted her butt for us to make it as smooth as possible.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:49 PM

1,234 posts, read 4,592,043 times
Try Jeff Scoifield at remax DM me for more info if you want more he is listing my house now ive known him for years.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:46 PM

14 posts, read 39,185 times
We just moved up in January. We used Nancy Foster from Hunt-585-747-6169. She spent a lot of time with us helping us figure out what we were looking for and showing us the different suburbs as well as nice city neighborhoods. She never wasted our time showing us things that didn't fit. Coming from an area where house prices were higher, we thought everything here was a great buy, but she always let us know when she thought a house was overpriced and did a super job negotiating the offer and working through the inspections. Best of all, she and her husband ended up becoming our first friends up here. We ended up with a great house, in a great city neighborhood. By the way, when you get looking for a lawyer for the closing I also recommend Jane Hopfinger, 585-263-9500.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:08 PM

53 posts, read 250,326 times
Hi, we just bought a house in Pittsford (actually moved in today) and had a wonderful experience with Angie Brown from Nothnagle, http://www.nothnagle.com/agents/profile.asp?pid=23604&teamid=160&tab=5. She knows Brighton and Pittsford exceptionally well, given that she grew up (and currently lives) in Brighton, and her husband grew up in Pittsford. She does a lot of work with people relocating from out of town, and she is great to work with - professional, knowledgable, friendly, and made the process fun, too. Like the person who posted above, we were pleased that our agent was very forthright in stating if she thought a house was overpriced for this market, and she had the comps to back it up. I would definitely recommend her to anyone in need of a good real estate agent. Angie can be reached at: Cell Phone 585.455.5866, Office Phone 585.461.6321, or Email afbrown@nothnagle.com. If you have any questions, feel free to direct message me.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:05 PM

48 posts, read 182,420 times
Default More realtor ideas

We've been in Pittsford for a long time.

The realty question really comes down to your idea of how much house you want to buy, Pittsford can be very expensive, Brighton somewhat less so.

Mitchell Pierson is a long established firm based in Pittsford.
Huntrealestate.com (r-house) good people, I know Nancyann Jeffrey.

ColumbusERA, good, better for Brighton

Good luck

Old 06-10-2009, 10:30 AM

1,234 posts, read 4,592,043 times
Try Jeff Scofeild at ReMax Ive known him for a long time and he just listed my house (you might want mine )

Old 06-16-2009, 08:58 PM

17 posts, read 46,980 times
I would recomend Ginny Hronek. She is great! The most professional realtor I have ever met! She goes the extra mile for her clients. Her number is 349-4028.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area