Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 PM

7 posts, read 9,331 times

Advertisements

About 24 hours ago while watching TRU-TV, the channel changed to 1 by itself. I am now missing 3 channels, 75, 76 and 78. Oxygen, TruTV and Travel channel.
Time Warner rep that I called lied to me after she couldn't figure out why I was missing them.
I then proceeded to do a chat instead on the website and they can't figure it out.

Am I the only one missing these 3 channels? I have a digital adapter and it's only these 3, all the rest are working fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 07:55 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,670,655 times
How did the TW rep lie to you? She really may not know why you're missing channels.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 PM

Listen, she went thru the script and obviously it wasn't causing my problem. She also could barely speak English or understand me so what happened was she gave up after only a few minutes and just said it'll be fine over and over no matter what I said.
Then she asks "are you satisfied with my help today" repeatedly until I agreed to just hang up.

How would she know it'll be fine if she doesn't know what is causing the issue? That's lying. To top it off when I asked her a question a little earlier she made up an answer. How do I know this? Because what I asked required her to put me on hold to actually get an answer from another source and she immediately answered it without even hesitating. Unless she's a mind-reader that's a pretty impossible task.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ummmok View Post
Listen, she went thru the script and obviously it wasn't causing my problem. She also could barely speak English or understand me so what happened was she gave up after only a few minutes and just said it'll be fine over and over no matter what I said.
Then she asks "are you satisfied with my help today" repeatedly until I agreed to just hang up.

How would she know it'll be fine if she doesn't know what is causing the issue? That's lying. To top it off when I asked her a question a little earlier she made up an answer. How do I know this? Because what I asked required her to put me on hold to actually get an answer from another source and she immediately answered it without even hesitating. Unless she's a mind-reader that's a pretty impossible task.
No need to bite my head off! I was just asking how you knew she lied. If you were having so much trouble, you could have asked to speak to another customer service rep or a supervisor. She may have had a hard time understanding you as well.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 PM

I spoke to several people.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ummmok View Post
I spoke to several people.
You only said you spoke to one person. If it's such a problem, call back. TW also moves channels periodically.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:51 PM

The channels haven't moved and my main issue is that Im getting different answers and reasons when I call, hence why I asked here if I was the only one with this problem.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:14 PM

Update:

Ok so I finally got to talk to someone with a brain - the cable guy!
He said this is an issue so I am posting it here to help anyone else with the same problem.

If you have only a Digital Adapter to unscramble the signals that used to be OTA or formerly analog moved to digital then Oxygen is now gone permanently. Travel and TruTV were deleted by mistake and are being reprogrammed in for DTA users.
If you have a regular cable box you will receive the SDV channels and TruTV, Travel, Oxygen etc.
There is no timetable for the return of the channels.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,732,025 times
No missing channels. Just the horrible service of skipping, freezing and non working HD channels that Time Warner has always provided!

Old 01-05-2013, 04:37 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,380,443 times
Well, Current TV, Channel 114, is gone. However, that likely has something to do with Al Gore selling his network to Al-Jazeera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Rochester area