Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 07:05 PM

44 posts, read 85,787 times

Advertisements

What should lynchburg do to get a decent shopping location instead of the piece of crap mall it currently has.
What do u think? I could see a pedestrian mall made out of the plaza but would that be a problem because of the location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,918,322 times
I thought Liberty had their eye on that property for more expansion projects anyway. I think indoor malls will
have a mixture of business and commercial with less retail space in the future.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 PM

1,090 posts, read 2,682,084 times
Enclosed malls are far from dead--just the bad ones. I made a large killing buying stock in a major mall (Gen Growth)company back in the Recession. Only wish I had bought more. The L mall is a solid B mall with lots of potential. JUst needs some TLC.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:37 AM

895 posts, read 2,109,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger74 View Post
Enclosed malls are far from dead--just the bad ones. I made a large killing buying stock in a major mall (Gen Growth)company back in the Recession. Only wish I had bought more. The L mall is a solid B mall with lots of potential. JUst needs some TLC.
Valley Hills Mall in Hickory saw some dramatic changes as well as some high profile retailers when they gave it some TLC a while ago. The improvements included a parking deck and added stores; looking back, the changes really boosted the mall, but, as with all things, planning improvements must be a never ending task or other venues will pop up that are more attractive and the facility will look more and more like River Ridge!

I think improvements would have a great impact on River Ridge, but I don't think the current owners care, seeing as they have reinvested in other malls that they own. Reminds me of how Kroger has viewed the Lynchburg market for the last 20 years- we have a couple decent stores, but compared to Kroger locations in other areas, we don't look that hot. I wouldn't be surprised if the improvements that they are now pursuing are a direct result of the Fresh Market development; after all, their plans had been originally announced several years ago and they dropped them until just recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area